Prelims Test No 2 with answers
- Which one of the following four Vedas contains an account of magical charms and
- a) Rigveda b) Yajurveda c) Atharvaveda d) Samaveda
Ans: c) Atharvaveda
- The term ‘Aryan’
- a) An ethnic group b) A nomadic people c) A speech group d) A superior race
Ans: c) A speech group
- The famous dialogue between Nachketa and Yama is mentioned in the
- a) Chhandogyopanishad b) Mundakopanishad
- c) Kathopanishad d) Kenopanished
Ans: c) Kathopanishad
- Consider the following in the context of Rig Vedic Religion.
- People worshipped nature.
- Indra was the upholder of ‘Rta’ the cosmic order.
- Nasadiya Sukta postulated that universe has been created from Nothingness.
- Purushasukta located in the Rigveda is the source of the Chaturvarna system.
Choose the code of correct statements.