IAS Eligibility Criteria – Get Details from Himalai IAS Classes
Basic needs for aspirants who are applying for the UPSC exam, it is a must to qualify IAS eligibility criteria, notified by the UPSC exam conducting body by the Central Government.
Three key points include Nationality, Education Qualification, and Age is in the eligibility criteria. Himalai IAS Classes not only teach candidates but also guide them at every step.
- For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, the candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, the candidate must be one of the following:
1. A citizen of India
2. A citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan
3. A Tibetan refugee who settled permanently in India before 1 January 1962.
4. A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Kenya,
5. Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of Permanently settling in India
IAS Exam Educational qualification
- Undergraduate who pursuing final semester
- Graduates of any discipline
- Educational qualification for UPSC exam is a degree from a university established by law in India or possesses an equivalent qualification
- All candidates must have minimum one of the following educational qualifications:
1. A degree from a central, state or a deemed university
2. A degree received through correspondence or distance education
3. A degree from an open university
4. A qualification recognized by the government of India as being equivalent to one of the above
5. Under graduates who are pursuing their final year can also appear.
Note – Under graduates must submit proof of their eligibility from a competent authority at their institute/university at the time of the main examination, failing which they will not be allowed to attend the exam.
Age and Number of Attempts
- Minimum Age – The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years
- Based on caste category the age limits and number of attempts will vary
Our team of dedicated professionals helps you to understand the IAS eligibility criteria well. According to the terms and conditions of UPSC, candidates pursuing the final semester of their graduation program can apply for the IAS or IPS prelim. Graduates of any discipline from a central, state, or deemed university can apply for the exam.
UPSC Eligibility Criteria for Defense Service Personnel
UPSC eligibility criteria for age category are different for Defense Service Personnel, who are disabled in Operations during Hostilities. For them, the age limit is 40 years.
Note –For Candidates belonging to ex-servicemen including Commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered military services for at least five years as on 1 August, of the year and have been released
- How are the IAS exams conducted..?
- IAS is one of civil services but not an exam, it is a regular tendency to be called as IAS exam by all. These exams are called as CSE (Civil service Exams) which are conducted by UPSC (Union Public service)
- CSE(Civil Service Exam) Pattern
Exam is conducted in three Stages–
1. Stage 1 – Preliminary
2. Stage 2 – Mains
3. Stage 3 – Interview (about IAS)