IAS Preliminary examination pattern
1st stage of IAS exams which is considered as screening level and qualifying in Nature, whose marks are not counted for final ranking but compulsory for qualifying to Mains.
Consisting of two objective type papers
- General studies Paper – Consists of 100 MCQ’s, Each carrying 2 marks
Totally 200 marks for General studies
- CSAT(Civil service Aptitude Test)- Consists of 80 MCQ’s Each carrying 2.5 Marks
Totally 200 marks for CSAT
- Both the papers are conducted on same day with interval of 2 hours
- Negative Marks – There will be penalty of 1/3rd marks for each wrong answers4
- Unanswered questions are not counted for Negative marking.
IAS Prelims syllabus
IAS Prelims Paper 1 - General Studies Syllabus
Prelims General studies tests the candidate’s knowledge on Following subjects all at the level of 6th to 12th standards of NCERT Syllabus.
- Current Events,
- Indian History,
- Indian National movement,
- Indian and world geography,
- Indian polity Panchayti Raj system and governance,
- Economic and social development,
- Environmental ecology,
- Biodiversity, climate change
- General science, Art and culture
IAS Prelims CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) Syllabus,
Prelims CSAT tests the candidate’s skills in the following subjects
- English Comprehension,
- Interpersonal Communication Skill
- Logical Reasoning,
- Analytical Ability,
- Decision Making,
- Problem Solving,
- Basic Numeracy,
- Mental ability.
- Note – CSAT is qualifying in nature and the marks obtained in this paper are not counted for merit. However, it is mandatory for the candidate to score a minimum of 33 per cent in this paper to qualify the Prelims exam
- classes are moulded around UPSC syllabus
- Flexible Learning -Synchronised Online classes and classroom training or both available as preferred by students
- Classes are taken by Himalai alumins IAS, IPS, IRS, KAS.. who are serving officers now and Subject Experts
- Enjoy the Benefit of Life Time Validity
- Access to 24 years of Rich resources.
- All general studies will be taught on subject wise, topic wise and chapter wise
- Individual based special classes will be additional to the students along with ongoing classes
- Every students preparations are individually monitored by the mentors everyday
- Simplified Summary Based study materials – Exam oriented Simple summary based study materials for all the subjects for quick recap of the concepts both in Hardcopies and Online.
- Test Series and Quizzes – Test are conducted regularly both on Online and Offline Daily, Weekly and Monthly on Current affairs, subject wise, topic wise and chapter wise. Written Assignments for mains will be initiated during prelims preparation.
- Current Affairs – Exclusive classes, materials, quizzes and periodicals for Current Affairs on Monthly, weekly and daily
- All are well specialized on Exams standard
- State and National Affair
- International Affairs
- Contemporary issues specific to Socio economical India
- Special focus on Editorials
- Government of India Events and schemes
- International Organization etc.
- Economic survey of India.