KAS Mains examination pattern
⦁ It is a descriptive type of examination conducted over five consecutive days.
⦁ Choice of the optional subject plays a crucial role in KAS preparation.
⦁ KPSC conducts KAS mains completely offline and a candidate can choose to answer questions in Kannada or English medium.
⦁ Himalai KAS coaching center provides KAS coaching in Kannada medium to facilitate Kannada medium KAS aspirants. Himalai will not only provide KAS study material in Kannada but also KAS classes, KAS test,and KAS current affairs will be provided in Kannada.
KAS Mains Syllabus for Exam
KPSC KAS Mains Examination consists of 02 qualifying papers of Kannada & English and 07 compulsory papers of Essay, General Studies and two optional papers.
KPSC KAS Mains Syllabus – Kannada/ English – Is a qualifying paper which is compulsory for qualifying for the final merit
Kannada and English Syllabus
(i) Comprehension of given passages.
(ii) Precis Writing
(iii) Usage and Vocabulary.
(iv) Short Essay
(v) Translation from English to the Indian language and vice‐versa.
Compulsory papers for ranking
Paper 1 -Essay Writing – will have two sections each carrying 125 marks with four topics, an aspirant should choose one topic in each section and write essay on it.
Essay topics – Section 1 – Topics of National or International Importance
Section 2 – Topics of State and Regional importance
General Studies Paper 1 Syllabus
⦁ Culture Heritage of India – Towards transforming Indian Society: Major Schools of thought
⦁ From Kadambas to Hoysalas – Vijayanagara Empire and thereafter
⦁ Modern Mysore – Freedom Movement in Karnataka and Unification
⦁ Post Independent Karnataka – Social Change & Movements, Modernisation
⦁ India and International Economic relations
General Studies Paper II mains Syllabus
⦁ Physiography of continents and Demographic distribution
⦁ Industrial Planning and development
⦁ Urban land use policy and urbanization
⦁ Fundamental rights
⦁ Distribution of legislative powers
⦁ Important amendments of the constitution
⦁ Welfare mechanism in India
⦁ Services under Union and state
⦁ Private and public administration
⦁ Management tools and techniques Administrative reforms
⦁ United nations and specialized agencies, etc.
General Studies Paper III mains syllabus
⦁ Basics of Science & Technology
⦁ Energy resources
⦁ Disasters, pests and pollution
⦁ Rural upliftment and Science & Technology
⦁ Natural and Agricultural Science
⦁ Horticulture and Sericulture
⦁ Initiatives in Biotechnology
⦁ Animal Husbandry
⦁ Agriculture development policies, programmes and trade
⦁ Health and hygiene
⦁ Natural Resources
⦁ Eco system and biodiversity
⦁ Environmental pollution and solid waste management
⦁ Role of IT in environment and human health, etc.
General Studies Paper IV Syllabus
⦁ Determinants and consequences of ethics in human action
⦁ Ethics in private and public relationships
⦁ Ethics in public administration
⦁ Ethical dilemmas in private and public institutions
⦁ Accountability and ethical governance
⦁ Ethical issues in international relations and funding
⦁ Information sharing and transparency in government
⦁ Tolerance and compassion towards weaker sections
⦁ Aptitude and foundation values for civil service
⦁ Emotional intelligence, etc
- Full fledged online and offline classes for GS 1, 2, 3 Ethics, Essay
- 100 Written test series Each with Writing practice.
- Real time preparatory exams
- Classes and training by Cleared candidates and subject experts
- Exclusive access and part of the team who has cleared exams recently
- Synopsis of Question and answers – Soon after the completion of every Test a gist’s of Explanation will be provided for better understand and clarity on concepts
- Writing Practice – Writing practice will be provided as per the syllabus standards of KPSC KAS Mains for GS 1, GS 2 GS 3 Essay and Ethics integrality classes and Evaluations during Mains preparation classes for
1. Quick recap,
2. Easy understanding and
3. Subject and concept clarity
4. Time Management
5. Increasing the speed of writing
- Performance and analysis – Individual performance will be analysed by the evaluation of answers scripts written by the students and special classes are conducted based on the Performance and analysis
- Internal Relations and Indian society – counselor
- 24/7 library and Support, inhouse stay, With direct access to 24 years of Expertise and facilities.