About AFCAT Exam 2021-22
AFCAT – Air Force Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Air force
It is a national level competition conducted by the Indian Air Force (IAF) to select officers for all its branches
- Flying Branch,
- Technical Branch and
- Ground Duty Branches.
Air Force Common Admission Test is a written exam conducted by Indian Air Force twice every year to induct officers in the IAF. The written exam is followed by an Air Force Selection Board Interview for shortlisted candidates.
AFCAT Exams Eligibilities
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria: Age Limit
Regardless of the post, the aspirant must be above 18 to apply for the posts. There is no age relaxation for any category of candidates.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Flying Branch through AFCAT/ NCC Entry
- Candidates must be 20 to 24 years as of January 1, 2021.
- The upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relax able up to 26 years.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branch
For the post of Ground Duty Branch, Candidates must be 20 to 26 years as of January 1, 2021.
Note Only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of application will be accepted.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria: Marital Status
- Candidates must be below 25 years of age and unmarried at the time of commencement of the course.
- Widows/Widowers and divorcees (with or without encumbrances) below 25 years of age are not eligible for the exam.
- A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his application though successful at SSB or medical will not be eligible for training.
- Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply. However, during the training period, they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
- NoteA candidate who marries during the period of training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification
Educational Qualification for various posts is different. Candidates must go through the details given below to know about the educational criteria set by IAF. Here are the details as per the posts:
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Flying Branch
Candidates must have scored a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level and Graduation with a minimum of three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
Cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent
AFCAT Eligibility: Educational Qualification for Ground Duty (Technical)
The Technical Ground Duty post is divided into two categories such as Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) and Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical). Therefore, the eligibility criteria of these two post are mentioned separately to clear the confusion.
Educational Criteria For AFCAT Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics)
A minimum of 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and a minimum of four years degree graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/ Technology from recognized University.
Cleared Sections A and B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership exam of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the following disciplines
Educational Qualifications for AFCAT Aeronautical Engineer
Educational Criteria for AFCAT Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical)
- A minimum of 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and a minimum of four years degree graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/Technology from a recognized universit
Cleared Sections A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the following disciplines
Educational Criteria for AFCAT Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical)
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification for Non-Technical Ground Duty
The AFCAT eligibility criteria differ as per the departments, the same are listed below:
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Administration & Logistics:
Graduate Degree (min. three years degree course) in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Accounts:
B.Com Degree (Minimum three years degree course) from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Education
MBA/ MCA or MA/ MSc degree in English/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Statistics/ International relations/ International Studies/ Defence Studies/ Psychology/ Computer Science/ IT/ Management/ Mass Communication/ Journalism/ Public Relation with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together.
NCC Special Entry (Flying Branch):
NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate acquired on or after 01 Jan 17 is mandatory. Candidates should have mandatorily passed with a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 and Graduates with a minimum of three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent
Candidates who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria for Meteorology
Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Geography/Computer Applications/Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/Meteorology/Agricultural Meteorology/Ecology & Environment /Geophysics/Environmental Biology with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in each).
In order to appear for AFCAT exams one must qualify the basic Eligibilities like Education qualification and age limitations. Following are the eligibilities to be fulfilled.
Educational Qualifications for AFCAT
Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches.
- Administration. – Passed 10+2 and Graduate Degree (Minimum three years degree course) in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent
- Education – Passed 10+2 and Post-Graduation with 50% in any discipline including integrated courses offering PG (Single degree without permission to exit and lateral entry) and with 60% marks in Graduation in any discipline.
- Flying Branch – Bachelor’s Degree in Any Stream with 60% in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 Level / B.E / B.Tech Course.
Ground Duty (Technical) Branches: Aeronautical Engineering Electronics: 10+2 Intermediate Minimum 60% Marks in Physics and Math and Minimum 4 Year Graduation / Integrated PG Degree in Engineering / Technology.
- Aeronautical Engineering Mechanical:Candidates with Minimum 60% Marks Each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 Level and 4 Year Engineering / Technology Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or Equivalent Degree
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches: Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% Or Cleared section A&B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university with 60%.
AFCAT 2021 Selection Process
The selection process of AFCAT 2021 consists of 2 stages such as AFCAT written test, and the Personality test.
Stage 1: AFCAT Written Test
- The intellectual test consists of objective type questions conducted in 104 locations.
- IAF will prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the Online AFCAT as fixed by the IAF at their discretion.
- Candidates who are declared successful in the Online AFCAT will be called at one of the Air Force Selection Boards.
- Candidates who have applied for NCC Special Entry and Meteorology Branch will be directly called for AFSB testing at one of the AFSB centres.
Stage 2: AFSB interview
- In this stage, candidates must be mentally as well as physically fit as per the specified standards of authorities. The interview continues for 5 days.
- AFSB centres are at Dehradun (1 AFSB), Mysuru (2 AFSB), Gandhinagar (3 AFSB), and Varanasi (4 AFSB).
- Candidates who opt for the flying branch can only opt for Dehradun, Mysore, and Varanasi.
- Candidates are required to choose the AFSB date and venue by themselves on the official website of AFCAT.
AFCAT Final Selection
- Candidates should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in the written examination and AFSB test as fixed by the IAF.
- The qualifiers’ names will be placed in the order of merit on the basis of the total marks secured by them in the written examination and in the AFSB tests.
- The form and manner of communication of the result of the examination to individual candidates will be decided by the IAF at their discretion.
- 10% of the vacancies are reserved for NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate holders in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-technical) Branches.
- Allotment of PC/ SSC in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-technical) Branches would be based on a number of vacancies, performance in the selection process, and the choice given by the candidates.
Stage 1 :AFCAT Exam Pattern
- Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- There will be Penalty of 1/3 rd of the mark for wrong answers in the Objective tests..
- No marks for unanswered questions.
AFCAT Exams Standard and Syllabus of the Examination
English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion Filling in of correct word, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary, Idioms and Phrases.
General Awareness – History, Geography, Civics, Politics, Current Affairs, Environment, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Sports, etc.
Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Time and Work, Average, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple Interest, Time & Distance
Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability Standard. The standard of Numerical Ability Questions will be of Matriculation level. The standard of questions in other subjects will be of graduation level (Indian University).
Features of Himalai AFCAT coaching in Bangalore
- Complete syllabus coverage –
- General awareness and General ability,
- Logical reasoning,
- English comprehension and English language,
- English Grammar
- Computer Literacy
- Inter personality communication skills
- Individual Attention – Close monitoring on the preparation of individuals to excel in all stages with ease
- Strategizing the preparation – Analyzing the standards of preparations with regular tests and guiding accordingly
- Personalizing the preparation – Reorganizing the special classes related to subject Topics and sub-topics which need more attention
- Lifetime validity – Enroll once with us, we support your preparation till you clear the exams.
- Classroom Training – Learn all the Topics of AFCAT technical and non-technical with Live Online Classes conducted by the Best Faculty who are subject experts and cleared candidates.
- Basics and Fundamentals– all the topics will be well Explained for a better understanding of the concepts from the basics to crack the questions with ease
- Time Management training – Managing time during examination is always challenging, we equip skills through our Test series and analysis
- Test series and Analysis – We provide exhaustive Practice with Mock Tests
- Minimum AFCAT Paper 1 – Mock Tests with Solutions
- Minimum AFCAT Paper 2 – Mock Tests with Solutions
- 100+ Sectional & Topics Tests for Practice
- Analysis Report – we analyze each mock test performance with special AI-Based Analytics and Reschedule the classes for the betterment of candidates performance
- Study Materials – Study materials are prepared by cleared candidates from Himalai
- Study materials will be well organized with simplified content for easy understanding
- Study materials are well designed as per the Syllabus Standards of SSC
- All Subjects of General Studies will be prepared on three modules
- Basic Level – Fundamentals of Subjects
- Advance Level – Concept Clarity
- Analytical level – In Application to Current affairs,
- Live Interview Sessions – Live sessions are something which is conducted as per the live Examination of SSB board for the Real experience
- Video Lectures and Recorded classes – Abundant set of videos will be available for revisions and revisiting the concepts until you understand better.
- Special AFCAT Coaching – as per IAF exams demands more or less of “High-Level Reasoning Tests” and General Knowledge questions too. We organize a very special class for High-level reasoning and General knowledge questions.