KAS Prelims Exam Pattern
⦁ Here the questions are of objective type or MCQs.
⦁ The commission will conduct the KPSC exam in offline mode and OMR sheets are issued for answering in prelims.
⦁ Usually, KPSC will schedule KAS prelims exam in a single day, with two hours duration for each paper.
⦁ KAS negative marking scheme: every wrong answer, the commission will deduct 1/4th of the marks allotted to that specific question.
KAS Prelims Paper 1
KAS Prelims Paper 2
KAS Exam Syllabus Paper 1
⦁ Current Affairs – Karnataka current affairs, National and International Importance on current events, persons in news, India and Karnataka Budget Highlights, Karnataka economic survey, India economic survey, Schemes in Karnataka and India.
⦁ Humanities – History of India: Indian Modern history, Indian ancient History, Indian Medieval history. – Emphasis shall be on the broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on Indian national movement with special emphasis on Karnataka History: Karnataka modern History, Karnataka medieval History, Karnataka Ancient history.
⦁ Geography – World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on Karnataka Geography.
⦁ Indian Polity and economy – The country’s political system, rural development, planning and economic reforms in India‐ sustainable development, poverty alleviation, demographics, social sector initiatives etc., Karnataka economics , Indian economy
KAS Exam Syllabus Paper 2
⦁ Current Affairs – Karnataka Budget Highlights, Karnataka economic survey, India economic survey, Schemes in Karnataka and India. Karnataka Government programme
⦁ General Science and Technology – Environmental science & Ecology‐contemporary developments in science and technology and their implications including matters of everyday observations and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline general issues on Health, environmentalecology, biodiversity and climate change that do not require subject specialization
⦁ General Mental Ability – Comprehension, Logical reasoning, and Analytical ability, Decision making, problem-solving, Basic innumeracy (numbers and their relations, the order of magnitude etc.,) and data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.
- Classes are moulded around KPSC syllabus
- Flexible Learning -Synchronised Online classes and classroom training or both available as preferred by students
- Classes are taken by Himalai alumins IAS, KAS. who are serving officers now and Subject Experts
- Enjoy the Benefit of Life Time Validity
- Access to 24 years of Rich resources.
- All general studies will be taught on subject wise, topic wise and chapter wise
- Individual based special classes will be additional to the students along with ongoing classes
- Every students preparations are individually monitored by the mentors everyday
- Simplified Summary Based study materials – Exam oriented Simple summary based study materials for all the subjects for quick recap of the concepts both in Hardcopies and Online.
- Test Series and Quizzes – Test are conducted regularly both on Online and Offline Daily, Weekly and Monthly on Current affairs, subject wise, topic wise and chapter wise.
- Current Affairs – Exclusive classes, materials, quizzes and periodicals for Current Affairs on Monthly, weekly and daily
- All are well specialized on Exams standard
- State and National Affair
- International Affairs
- Contemporary issues specific to Socio economical India
- Special focus on Editorials
- Government of India Events and schemes
- International Organization etc.
- Economic survey of India.
Three Rounds of Revision classes