Whether any posts are reserved for persons with disability (PH) in CSE ?
- Yes. 3% of posts, 1% each for Visually Impaired (VI) , Hearing Impaired(HI) and Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy(LDCP) is permissible in services (except those which have obtained exemption from M/o SJ&E) participating in CSE
- Only such persons would be eligible for reservation in services / posts who suffer from not less than 40 percent of relevant disability. A person who wants to avail of benefit of reservation would have to submit a Disability Certificate issued by a competent authority.
Who is the competent authority to issue Disability Certificate?
- The competent authority to issue Disability Certificate shall be a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central or a State Government. The Central / State Government may constitute Medical Board(s) consisting of at least three members out of which at least one shall be a specialist in the particular field for assessing locomotor / cerebral / visual / hearing disability, as the case may be.
What is Physical Requirement and Functional Classification (PR & FC)?
- For a PH candidate, various Cadre Controlling Authorities (CCAs) in consultation with M/o SJ&E have laid down Physical Requirements and Functional Classification for sub categories of PH categories i.e. Visual Impaired, Hearing Impaired and Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy(LDCP) in respect of services under their administrative control and a candidate is required to meet PR and FC for that service for being eligible to be allocated to that service.
Where PR and FC are for various services participating in CSE have been indicated?
- These are indicated in Appendix IV to CSE Rules 2014 which are also available on this department’s website.
Who is PH for the purpose of service allocation on the basis of CSE?
- Candidate having disability more than 40% is considered a PH category candidate and is eligible for allocation of service against the vacancy reserved for PH category.
Who can issue the disability certificate?
- Disability Certificate can be issued only by Central Standing Medical Board constituted by Central Government or by the State Government comprising at least three members out of which at least one is a specialist in the field of relevant disability.
Whether there is prescribed format for disability certificate?
- Yes, there is a prescribed format for issue of disability certificate
What is the date by which disability certificate should have been issued to a candidate appearing in CSE?
- A disability certificate in respect of candidate appearing CSE as PH candidate must have been issue before last date for applying for appearing in CSE (Prelims).
Whether PH candidate would be medically examined after interview?
- Such candidates holding disability certificate issued by the competent authority would be medically examined by the CSMB in Safdarjang Hospital, Dr RML Hospital, Lady Hording Medical College GTB Hospital and LNJP Hospital.
Who is competent to give permanent disability certificate?
- CSMB in the above hospitals are competent to give permanent disability certificate.
Whether the disability certificate can be denied without giving an opportunity to candidate?
- No. Disability certificate can be denied only after giving opportunity of being heard to the applicant. Also after having representation of the applicant, CSMB may review its own decision in view of the facts and circumstances of the case and pass such orders as deemed fit and necessary.