Recent changes in UPSC 2016 Preliminary Examination
- CSAT is a Qualifying paper which is not counted for total marks of Preliminary to be qualified for mains, out of 80 questions in CSAT one must secure 33 % (66 marks out of 200 i.e. 27correct questions which carries 2.5marks each) Including passage reading and General mental ability, one must score in order to qualify in spite of negative valuation 0.33. Commission (UPSC).
Under which rules Civil Service Examination (CSE) is conducted ?
- Civil Service Examination (CSE) is conducted as per provisions contained in the Civil Service Examination Rules notified every year by the Department of Personnel & Training, Government of India and published on the web-site of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Which agency is responsible for conducting the Civil Service Examination?
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
What will be the number of vacancies to be filled on the basis of result of a particular Civil Service Examination?
- The number of vacancies is specified in the notice issued by the Union Public Service Commission, after getting the details from various cadre controlling authorities (CCAs) for the services to which recruitment is made by the Central Government on the basis of Civil Service Examination (CSE).
What is a TECHNICAL SERVICE?
- Those services are treated as Technical Services which require special medical status in terms of vision, height, chest, chest expansion etc.
- The Technical services under CSE are as follows:
- The Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Railway Protection Force (RPF) Group A.
- Indian Police Service, Gr. A.
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service. Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Indian Ordinance Factories Service (IOFS) Group A.
Which are the Non-Technical Services?
- The Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’, Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise) Gr. “A”, Indian Revenue Service, (IT) Group ‘A’, Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’, Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’, Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’, Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’, The Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’, Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’ Indian Corporate Law Service. Group ‘A’, Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep. Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’