World Television Day
World Television Day celebrated on 21 November, Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore aimed at brings the awareness about television day and his history. History of television day adds the information for civil services exam like IAS exam, KAS exam to achieve goals and bring awareness.
World Television Day Forum was formed by the United Nations in December 1996, according to the United Nations decision was taken to give recognition of the increasing impact. United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 21 November as World Television Day, represents the symbol of communication and globalization in the contemporary world.
History of World Television Day:
The world’s first television was invented in 1928, broadcast from the General Electric facility in Schenectady it was also popularly known as WGY television. Primetime television began on color broadcasting in 1964, initially approved for black and white sets compatible with RCA color. During 1960s increasing fascinated with watching almost exclusively, three major networks are CBS, NBC, and ABC.
The Russian scientist Constantin Persklycredited the word “television” in 1900, prefix tele means ‘at a distance’ combined with root, vision. In 1928 world’s first television station launched in New York and by the late 1930s live broadcast began.
- In 1939, first commercial TVs are displayed at the World Fair, Tv could cost up to a third of the average household yearly income.
- In the 1950s, “The Golden Age of Television” begins marketing products directly to the customer through advertisement.
- In 1976, the first basic cable network was launched by Ted Turner, set up a network from a satellite feed watch the braves from Massachusetts, IN 1978, the last black and white TV was manufactured, making color TVs only purchasable option in the market.
- In 1990s internet becomes available through dial-up ISPs (Internet Service Provider) to the home.
- In 2000s broadcast TV moves from analog to digital, advances in LCD and plasma technology introduced flat screen. DVD replaces VCR, television programs become more popular “American Idol” includes audience voting and other interactive pieces.
- In the 2010s, online digital programming becomes an important element of a broadcast.
- In 1930, BBC transmission began television became widely popular after the end of World War II.
- In 1950, first TV remote control came from Zenith, connected to the TV set by a wire, in 1951 magazine ad promised consumers they can change TV programs by ‘Lazy Bones’ remote control.
- The first original television program “The Television Ghost” in America in 1931, an actor dressed as a ghost and telling stories of their murders.
- In 1963, after President Kennedy’s death, the television network aired free coverage for four days on his funeral, $100 million lost advertising revenue about 93% of American homes watched come coverage.
- The first television signal transmission was demonstrated by Philo Taylor Farnsworth on 7 September 1927 with his own scanning tube.
- Zworykin is usually credited as the father of modern television, because of the patent of the heart of the TV-electron scanning tube was first applied in 1923 under the name of iconoscope.
TV plays a very important role in societies, it’s a communication media has become a big part of our life. There are some positive and negative effects on TV like serials, reality, shows influence the children it depends on the selection of a program for entertainment.
In India television started with the experiment telecast starting in Delhi on 15 September 1959 with a small transmitter. Star TV and domestic channels such as Zee T, Sun TV started with 41 sets in 1962 reached 400 million individuals through 100 channels.
Cable TV and DTH are two methods of delivery of television, DTH is DD Direct plus, Tata Sky, Sun Direct and Videocon D2h was the first services come in the Indian market.