World Radio Day
World radio day is celebrates on 13th February across the world, Radio is the mass medium reaching the widest audience in the world and became one of the entertainment. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore aims is to bring awareness about current affairs for the Civil Services exam like IAS exam, KAS exam, Banking exam.
World Radio Day observed by UNESCO’s Executive Board recommended to the General Conference the proclamation, on the basis of a feasibility study undertaken by UNESCO further to a proposal from Spain for the new radio launches and technology.
- FM Radio inventor Edwin H. Armstrong in 1933. FM radio works on the basis of frequency modulationof the radio wave to reduce static and interference from electrical equipment and the atmosphere to reach huge audiance.
- Radio also recognized as a powerful communication tool and a low cost medium for all medium in the entertainment media.
- In 2011 a wide consultation process started on June carried out by UNESCO for broadcasters. It included all stakeholders i.e. broadcasting associations, public, state, private, community and international broadcasters, UN agencies: funds and programmes; academia; foundations and bilateral development agencies; topic-related NGOs; as well as UNESCO Permanent Delegations and National Commissions in the world radio day scheme. Among the answers, 91% were in favour of the project to the entertainment purpose.
- Radio is specifically suited to reach remote communities and vulnerable people, the illiterate, women, youth, the poor and the disabled while offering a platform to intervene in the public debate, irrespective of people’s educational level for career growth.
- Radio has a strong and specific role in emergency communication and disaster relief at many areas.
World Radio Day 2019 Theme:
- Radio Broadcasts that provide a platform for dialogue and democratic debate over issues, such as migration or violence against women, can help to raise awareness among listeners and inspire understanding for new perspectives in paving the way for positive action about the topics and spread awareness across the world.
- Entertainment Radio is the mass media reaching the widest audience in the world whereas remote places. Radio also recognized as a powerful communication tool and a low cost medium to reach all the audience.
- Radio has a strong and specific role in emergency communication and disaster relief also changing face to radio services. Now a days changing face to radio services in the present times of media convergence, are taking up new technological forms such as broadband, mobiles and tablets even though/billion people still don’t have access for radio.
- World Radio day importance sporting events, that have the ability to unite the hearts and minds of people everywhere, we call on all radio stations around the world to showcase the beauty of sports in all of its diversity so celebrate the traditional sports that connect us to our cultural heritage in the radio frequencies.