World Photography Day
World Photography Day 2019 is an event for photographers across the world to share an image to inspire everyone. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore spread awareness about social responsibilities current events for the civil service exams like IAS exams, KAS exams, IES exams, and other competitive exams.
- A picture can speak a thousand words – Photography is one of the best ways to express an Idea. Thereby someone’s thoughts can be interpreted through a photo.
- World Photography Day is not only for photography professionals but also for those who wants to share his/her photo of the day.
- To be a part of this day, DSLR photography or photography reflectors are not necessary just normal photo is enough.
- Firstly the photo was taken in the Boulevard du Temple in France. It was a seven-minute process. In the meantime, the street was filled with people. Only one man who was getting his shoe polished was captured in photo all others where fastly moving. Thus that man became the first person to be captured on a photo.
- The first photograph of a person was taken in 1838 by Louis Daguerre.
First Celebration of World Photography Day
On 19th August 2010, the first online art gallery launched. On that day onwards World Photography Day started celebrating. About 270 photographers took part in the online art gallery. People from 100 countries across the world visited the gallery.
Facts about World Photography Day
World Photography Day is celebrated annually on August 19th since 2010 to spread positivity.
Generally, the aim of World Photography Day 2019 is to encourage the public towards the photography field. Above all, it is the thought of sharing happiness with a single photo for a simple purpose.
A brief history of Photography on World Photography Day 2019
- History of photography dates back to 1717 when people discovered that an image can be captured on a light-sensitive material. But they couldn’t retain the image for long also the process took hours together.
- In 1837, Louis Daguerre and Joseph Nicephore Niepce firstly developed the Daguerreotype process to capture images.
- Then on 19th August, the patent was procured by the French government.
- The French government announced it as a ‘gift to the world’ and thereby the origin of World Photography Day.
World Photography Day Celebration in India
- Indian International Photography Council, New Delhi was founded by Mr O. P Sharma in India.
- Many official events are organized for the celebration of World Photography Day in India. In addition to this, colleges and other educational institutions organize events to promote the Art of Photography.
- In conclusion, there are several events in India to celebrate World Photography Day.
On this occasion of World Photography Day Himalai wants to wish everyone a Happy World Photography Day. In this digitally advanced world, usually taking photos then sharing it takes less than a minute, let your thoughts inspire many.