World Organ Donation Day
Our India with World Events
Himalai- A step Towards Social Responsibility, Be Responsible and Be proud to be an Indian.
World organ donation is annually celebrated on 13th of August. It is an event to promote organ donation after a person’s demise. Many lives can be saved with organ transplant procedure. It is the most noble thing a being can do for other. The recipient will forever be grateful for the second chance in life.
Medical Field has evolved tremendously over the recent years. Many technological advancements have increased the success rate of the organ preservation and transplantation like immuno-suppressive drugs which increases the survival rate of the beneficiary. About 8 and more vital organs of a human body can be transplanted like heart, kidney, bone marrow, liver etc., The chances of saving lives through transplants has increased to a great extent.
In a survey conducted by a national newspaper one lakh people die every year due to organ failures and in 9.5 million death every year there are only 200 donors. The main cause for this is the myth surrounding organ donation procedure due to lack of awareness.
- In India there is no religion, that is against of this noble act.
- There will be no deformation of the body which will affect the funeral ceremony as professional surgeons do transplantation, only scars will remain on the body.
- There is no age limit for organ donation, 70 and 80 year old donors have had successful transplantation.
- A living donor will be given top most priority in medical treatment.
- No status or monetary influence matter while receiving organ transplantation.
- If a donor changes his mind of the organ donation, registration can be cancelled anytime.
There are many organizations and NGO’s that are involved in organ donation procedure, registering into one of them will take only two minutes. Your two minutes can give a person his life time. On this occasion Himalai wants to be part in creating awareness.