World Milk Day
World Milk Day was first held on June 1st, 2001 by the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO). Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore spread awareness about social responsibilities current events for the civil service exams like IAS exams, KAS exams, IES exams, and other competitive exams.
Facts about World Milk Day
- Many countries around the world participated in that celebration, now the number of countries participating is growing each year.
- It celebrates the significant contributions of the dairy sector for economic development, sustainability, nutrition, and livelihood.
- The world milk day is celebrated in order to increase or concentrate attention towards milk and milk industries and thus advertise activities connected to it. As it is celebrated by many countries on that same day brings more importance to individual national celebrations and the milk is focused as the global food throughout the celebration of world milk day.
- Late May was originally proposed day for celebrating world milk day but some countries were already had too many celebrations on that month and some countries where celebrating international milk day around 1st June or the same week. Thus 1st June was selected to celebrate International Milk Day.
- In the balanced diet of one, milk is a significant food that nourishes the body, and this world milk day has brought a tremendous revolution among the public about the needy of the milk.
- International Milk brings new messages every year about considering milk in a balanced diet.
- During the celebration of this day, the United Nations encourages and sponsors some events to raise the significance of milk as a nourishing staple of countries around the world but also highlighting its productive importance for nations as well as for small industry owners.
- On World Milk Day 2019 about 426 events took place in 68 countries across the world.
- In order to spread the importance of the milk throughout the world, many events are there, like “ Visiting A Children’s Home With Milk”,” IDF Forum With Global Dairy Experts”,” Drink Milk Today & Every day – Bareilly”.
World Milk Day 2019 Theme
The theme “Drink Milk: Today & Every day” is the World Milk Day 2019 theme.
World Milk Day in India
Various awareness programs and campaigns where organized by the Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) on safe and hygienic milk production and consumption.
A campaign was organized to promote milk drinking, especially for children and women in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh. The campaign aimed at the healthy milk-drinking habits in villages which has declined among the children.