World Hindi Day
World Hindi Day celebrated on January 10 all over the world since 2006, Its purpose is to create awareness in the world about Hindi language. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore aims is to bring awareness about current affairs for the Civil Services Exam like IAS exam, KAS exam, banking exam.
On World Hindi Day there are special programs in Indian Embassies located in abroad. Some interesting information about World Hindi Day and Hindi listed below.
- Thefirst World Hindi Conference was organized in Nagpur on 10 January 1975 from 10 to 12 by the Prime Minister Indira Gandhi to spread Hindi worldwide on this day.
- In this conference 122 representatives from 30 countries were involved. Prime Minister of Mauritius Seewoosagur Ramgoolam was Chief Guest.Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh announced on 10 January 2006 every year the World Hindi Day will be celebrated to spread awareness.
- On the occasion of World Hindi Day theme theIndian Embassy abroad conduct special events in all government offices, programs are organized on various topics in Hindi.
- Indian Embassy celebrates thefirst World Hindi Day in Norway. After this, the second and third world Hindi Day was celebrated under the chairmanship of writer Suresh Chandra Shukla under the auspices of the Cultural Forum and Indian Norwegian Information with great fanfare.
- Apart from World Hindi Day theme, ‘Hindi Din’ is celebrated every year on 14 September. From 14 September1949 the Hindi language was celebrated when the Constituent Assembly gave Hindi the status of official language.
- Now there are hundreds of Hindi universities studied in the world and millions of people speak Hindi everywhere in the world. Not only Hindi is one of the five most spoken languages in the world.
- On 14 September 1949 the National Hindi day is observed to mark adaptation of Hindi written in Devanagari script as the Official Language of the Union by the Constituent Assembly.
- Pranab Mukherjee the former President of India had conferred awards in different categories for the excellence in different fields pertaining to Hindi at a function in Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi. Rajbhasha Awards were conferred upon the Departments, PSUs Nationalised Banks and Ministries.