World Heart Day
World Heart Day is annually celebrated on 29th September to create an awareness of the need for maintaining heart health. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore spread awareness about social responsibility current events for the civil service exams like IAS exams, KAS exams, IES exams, and other competitive exams.
- World Heart Federation (WHF) initiated the day. Since 2000 WHF is organizing campaigns all over the world, informing people about heart disease and its prevention.
- This year the day is celebrated on 29th September 2019, Sunday.
Significance of World Heart Day
- Cardiovascular disease represents diseases of the heart, blood vessels, and vascular brain diseases. In common terms, it refers to heart attacks and strokes.
- More than 17.5 million lives deaths occur due to heart attacks and strokes.
- The death rate due to heart attack is 7.3 million and due to stroke is 2 million.
- Recognizing these world leaders have taken measures to reduce this at least 25% before 2025.
- This day it provides a platform to focus all the efforts of different organizations in fighting this disease.
Know Your Heart:
- A baby’s heart starts beating after 3 weeks of conceiving.
- It beats more than 115,000 per day, pumping 200 gallons of blood.
- A person’s heart size is equivalent to his fist size and weighs less than 1 pound.
- Heart failures are due to High blood sugar, Blood pressure, and cholesterol.
- Manage your heart health with simple changes in your daily life likewise a healthy diet, exercises, stress-relieving activities, etc
- Care in cooking and eating healthy food, encouraging physical activities and reminding frequent health checkups.
- Occasionally check your blood sugar, blood pressure and BMI scale by a doctor or a medical professional.
- A major percentage of Heart attacks are triggered at home. Consult a professional to know about onset and measures that can avoid further harm so one can help anyone in an emergency.
World Heart Day Activities:
- WHF organizes Heart Hero award event to honor those contributed to maintaining heart health from the research profession, organizations to individuals.
- Globally many organizations plan the day with many activities. Activities likewise health checkups, educational seminars, workshops, informative social media posts, etc.
World Heart Day Themes
- Every year there will be a particular theme which focuses on the significance of caring heart and preventing heart related diseases. Every year several organizations hold a campaign to raise awareness.”My heart Your heart” is the slogan for World Heart Day.
World Heart Day in India
- Cardiological Society of India has organized educative awareness camp in Silchar, Assam.
- Indian Association of Clinical Cardiologists is conducting health screening camp in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
Above all, it is our responsibility to care for our heart and others through World Heart Day Activities.
In short, Himalai IAS coaching promotes heart health on this World Heart Day as a part of our India with world events.