World Hearing Day
World Hearing Day observes every 4th March. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore spread awareness about social responsibility current events for the civil service exams like IAS exams, KAS exams, IES exams, and other competitive exams.
- Several people are living with unidentified hearing loss, the day will draw attention towards the early detection of hearing loss.
- The day promotes ear and hearing care and it make people aware of how to prevent deafness and hearing loss
- Specifically, this year World Hearing Day 2020 falls on 4th March 2020, Tuesday.
World Hearing Day Objectives
Generally, World Health Day celebrates,
- To raise the significance of the hearing
- Further to encourage people to check their hearing regularly and practice safe listening
- Also, to allow health workers to check the hearing status of people in their communities
Hearing Day Facts
- According to the World Health Organization(WHO) around 466 million people have disabling hearing loss.
- By 2050, it will affect one in 10 people.
- Previously, on World Hearing Day 2019, WHO launched a new mobile and web-based app called “hearWHO”. Specifically, the app allows people to check their hearing regularly. Further, to detect early in case of hearing loss.
- Further, the app displays the user’s score, and it is meaning and stores the outcome of the test so that the user can monitor hearing status over time.
- The hearing app benefits people often exposed to high levels of sound.
World Hearing Day Theme
Every year, WHO decides the World Hearing Day Theme,
- World Hearing Day 2020 theme is “Hearing for life, Don’t let hearing loss limit you”.
- “Check your hearing!”-World Hearing Day 2019 theme.
World Hearing Day Activities
Various activities will be held on the World Hearing Day every year to commemorate the day. WHO organizes an annual World Hearing Day seminar at its headquarters in Geneva.
An enormous range of activities and events organized in different countries to celebrate Hearing Day 2020.
In conclusion, Himalai wants to observe the World Hearing Day 2020 as a part of Our India with World Events.