World First Aid Day
World First Aid Day is annually commemorating on the second Saturday of September. The International Federation of Red Cross together with the Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) organizing the day. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore spread awareness about social responsibility current events for the civil service exams like IAS exams, KAS exams, IES exams, and other competitive exams.
- Particularly, the purpose of the day is to create awareness of conducting first aid in saving lives.
- Every year millions of people face medical emergencies. Also, there is a serious lack of timely support in the initial stage of treatment.
- Significantly, it is a serious need for people to learn the first aid skills to help others and their dear ones in need of help.
- Firstly, this day came into existence in 2000. This year the World First Aid Day date is observing on 8th September 2018.
- This year, the World First Aid Day 2019 is celebrating on Sunday, 8th September.
- In short, this day creates a global platform that benefits every individual by resource and learning materials. By being aware of the first aid through resources it reduces traffic accidental deaths.
- Traffic accidents are one of the major causes of death globally. More than 1.34 million lives are lost every year due to traffic accidents. The major age range of victims is 15 to 29 years.
- If a bystander takes first aid action without wasting time at an accident moment, the chance of victim survival becomes more. Thus can save someone’s precious life.
What is First Aid?
- The first care given during emergencies like illness or injury is First aid. It is a lifesaving act. It protects life until medical help arrives.
- For example, providing CPR, prevention of excessive bleeding from injuries etc. First aid is only the initial support and cannot be considered as a final treatment.
- To perform first aid basic medical training is required.
World First Aid Day Themes
Every year this day is celebrating in different themes,
- “First response to road crashes” was World first aid day 2018 theme.
- “First aid and road safety” is World first aid day theme 2019.
World First Aid Day Activities
- Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies around the world organize events and campaigns to promote the significance of first aid
- Training sessions along with workshops are organizing to educate people about the basics of First Aid
- In many countries award, handover ceremony is organizing to honor outstanding first aid providers.
For a person’s survival, giving first aid is every individual’s duty, Himalai wants to promote this on a World-First Aid Day as a part of our India with world events.