World Braille Day
World Braille Day is celebrated on January 4th every year on the remembrance of Louis Braille’s birthday. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore aims is to bring awareness about current affairs for the Civil Services Exam like IAS exam, KAS exam, banking exam.
Louis Braille invented the Braille language which helps blind people to read as well as write as normal people.
Louis born on January 4th 1809 in France inventor of braille language. At the age of 3 accidently he became blind after a childhood accident at the age of 3 and he quickly mastered his new way of living.
- When he was just 15 years old, he created the system called braille based on a system of writing developed by Charles Barbier. He excelled in his education and received scholarship to France’s Royal Institute for Blind Youth for the invention.
- During his studies, inspired by the military cryptography of Charles Barbier of the French Army and appriciated. He developed a system for blind to read and write quickly tactile code.
- He Published his first book in 1829, about the system ‘Method of writing Words, Music and Plain Songs by means of dots, for use by the Blind and arranged for them’. His system works by representing the alphabet letters series of 6 dots paired up in 3 rows, helps thousand of blind people can read by running their fingertips over the dots.
- World Braille day theme is to commemorate the birthday of Louis achievement for the blind. Braille literacy is important factor in equal opportunities for the blind people inequality in literacy for the people with Visual Disabilities.
- Louis Braille died in 1852, 2 years later France’s Royal Institute for Blind Youth began teaching it to students. World widely it used in 1916 at schools for the blind in the United States.
Awareness raised about the new technologies coming in the field of Braille language January 4th eg. earlier days a special typewriter had to be used in order to write Braille language helps blind. Now a days, computers are also equipped to do the job for the blinds to build confidence on them.
The World Braille Day theme 2019, 209th anniversary an opportunity by various philanthropic individuals and organizations around the world to help the blind out there Various competitions are organized across cities specifically for the blind are working.