UPSC NCRET SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY NOTES: TOPIC WISE SOLVED MCQ’s
Analyzing the IAS exam pattern, it is evident that candidates should have clear understanding concepts and this is possible through daily IAS preparation. To assist youHimalaiIAS coaching is come up with UPSC subject wise most important&expected IAS prelims questions series with the answer explanation. You can assess your everyday learning and keep in check with your IAS planning and preparation. We are also providing our daily program list so you can keep track of our Himalai IAS question series updates.
HIMALAI ONLINE TEST COMING SHORTLY
The most awaited Himalai online IAS test series is coming up shortly. With more than 20 years of experience, Himalai IAS coaching has become one of the pioneers in understanding UPSC exam requirements. These exclusive mock tests are a complete package of UPSC expected questions, answers and an in-depth explanation of each topic prepared by experts with years of IAS coaching experience. Himalai IAS coaching test series will assess your daily IAS preparation and will be the guiding light throughout your IAS journey. To know more register to Himalai.
1. What is the objective of ‘Evolved Laser Interferometer Space Antenna (Elisa)’ project?
a) To detect neutrinos
b) To detect gravitational waves
c) To observe the effectiveness of missile defence system
d) To evaluate the effect of solar flares on our communication systems
2. In India, it is legally mandatory for which of the following to report on cyber security incidents?
1. Service providers
2. Data centers
3. Body corporate
Choose the correct answer using the code provided below:
a) 1 only b) 1 and 2 only
c) 3 only d) 1, 2 and 3
3. The term ‘M-STrIPES’ is related to-
a) Captive breeding of Wild Fauna
b) Maintenance of Tiger Reserves
c) Indigenous Satellite Navigation System
d) Security of National Highways
4. Light year is unit of:
a) Time b) Speed of light
c) Distance d) Mass
5. Match List-I with List – II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the Lists:
A. Acceleration 1. Joule
B. Force 2. Newton second
C. Work done 3. Newton
D. Impulse 4. Meter per second2
A B C D
1. 1 2 3 4
2. 2 3 4 1
3. 4 3 1 2
4. 3 4 1 2
6. Parsec is the unit of:
a) Distance b) Time
c) Intensity of light d) Magnetic line
7. At present, scientists can determine the arrangement or relative positions of genes of DNA sequences on a chromosome. How does this knowledge benefit us?
1. It is likely to know the pedigree of livestock.
2. It is likely to understand the causes of all human disease.
3. It is likely to develop disease-resistant animal breeds.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a) 1 and 3 only b) 1 and 2 only
c)1, 2 and 3 d) 2 only