UPSC NCRET HISTORY NOTES: TOPIC WISE SOLVED MCQ’s
Analyzing the IAS exam pattern, it is evident that candidates should have clear understanding concepts and this is possible through daily IAS preparation. To assist youHimalaiIAS coaching is come up with UPSC subject wise most important&expected IAS prelims questions series with the answer explanation. You can assess your everyday learning and keep in check with your IAS planning and preparation. We are also providing our daily program list so you can keep track of our Himalai IAS question series updates.
HIMALAI ONLINE TEST COMING SHORTLY
The most awaited Himalai online IAS test series is coming up shortly. With more than 20 years of experience, Himalai IAS coaching has become one of the pioneers in understanding UPSC exam requirements. These exclusive mock tests are a complete package of UPSC expected questions, answers and an in-depth explanation of each topic prepared by experts with years of IAS coaching experience. Himalai IAS coaching test series will assess your daily IAS preparation and will be the guiding light throughout your IAS journey. To know more register to Himalai.
1. Which one of the following statements best describes a pose in dance and dramatics called ‘Tribhanga’ has been a favorite of Indian artists from ancient times till today in the context of the cultural history of India?
a) The body is slightly but oppositely curved at neck and waist and one leg is bent
b) Hand gestures, Facial expressions, and make-up are combined to symbolize certain historic characters
c) Movements of face, body and hands are used to express oneself or to tell a story
d) Slightly curved waist, a little smile and certain hand gestures are emphasized to express the feelings of love
2. Who among the following Bhakti Saints was/were preaching when the Lodi dynasty fell and Babur took over
1.Dadu Dayal 2. Guru Nanak 3. Tyagaraja
a) 2 and 3 b)1 and 2 only c) 1 and 3 d) 2 only
3. Consider the following historical places:
1. Ajanta Caves 2. Lepakshi Temple 3. Sanchi Stupa
Which of the above places is/are also known for mural paintings?
a)1,2 and 3 b) 1 and 2 only c) 1 only d) None
4. With reference to the history of philosophical thought in India, consider the following statements regarding Sankhya school:
1. Sankhya won’t accept the theory of transmigration or rebirth of the soul.
2. Sankhya mentions it is the self-knowledge that leads to liberation and not any exterior influence or agent
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a) 2 only b) 1 only c) Neither 1 nor 2 d) Both 1 and 2
5. which of the following was/were common to both Buddhism and Jainism with regard to the history of ancient India?
1. Avoidance of extremities of enjoyment and penance
2. Indifference to the authority of the Vedas
3. Denial of the efficacy of rituals
Which of the statements provided above is/are correct?
a) 1,2 and 3 b) 2 and 3 only c) 1 and 3 only d) 1 only
6. The Nagara, the Dravida and, the Vesara are the
a) Indian subcontinent’s three main racial groups
b)Languages of India which can be classified into three main linguistic divisions
c) Three main styles of Indian temple architecture
d) Three main musical Gharanas prevalent in India
7. Which of the statements given below are correct with regard to the scientific progress of ancient India?
1. Specialized surgical instruments of different kinds were in common use by 1st century AD.
2. Internal organs’ transplants in the human body had begun by the beginning of the 3rd century AD.
3. The sine concept of an angle was known in 5th century AD.
4. The cyclic quadrilaterals concept was known in 7th century AD.
Choose the correct answer using the codes provided below:
a) 1,2,3 and 4 b)1,3 and 4 only c)3 and 4 only d)1 and 2 only