UPSC NCRET HISTORY NOTES: TOPIC WISE SOLVED MCQ’s
Analyzing the IAS exam pattern, it is evident that candidates should have clear understanding concepts and this is possible through daily IAS preparation. To assist youHimalaiIAS coaching is come up with UPSC subject wise most important&expected IAS prelims questions series with the answer explanation. You can assess your everyday learning and keep in check with your IAS planning and preparation. We are also providing our daily program list so you can keep track of our Himalai IAS question series updates.
HIMALAI ONLINE TEST COMING SHORTLY
The most awaited Himalai online IAS test series is coming up shortly. With more than 20 years of experience, Himalai IAS coaching has become one of the pioneers in understanding UPSC exam requirements. These exclusive mock tests are a complete package of UPSC expected questions, answers and an in-depth explanation of each topic prepared by experts with years of IAS coaching experience. Himalai IAS coaching test series will assess your daily IAS preparation and will be the guiding light throughout your IAS journey. To know more register to Himalai.
1. Why did Mahatma Gandhi undertake fast into death in 1932?
a) Ramsay McDonald announced the Communal Award
b) Round Table Conference failed to satisfy Indian political aspirations
c) Congress and the Muslim League had differences of opinion
d) None of the above
2. With reference to the Ryotwari Settlement, which of the below-given statements is/are correct?
1. The lands were surveyed and assessed before being taxed.
2. The rent was paid directly by the peasants to the Government
3. The Government gave Pattas to the Ryots
a) 2 only b) 1, 2 and 3
c) 1 and 3 only d) None of the above
3. The most effective contribution made by Dadabhai Naoroji to the cause of Indian National Movement was that he,
1.Exposed the economic exploitation of the Indian nation by the Britishers
2. Stressed the need for eradication of all the social evils before anything else
3. Restored the self-confidence of Indians and interpreted the ancient Indian texts.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a) 1 only b) 1 and 3 only
c) 2 and 3 only d) 1,2 and 3
4. The aim of the Rowlatt Act was to,
a) The imposition of restrictions on freedom of the press
b) Compulsory economic support to war efforts
c) Imprisonment without trial and summary procedures for trial
d) Suppression of the Khilafat Movement
5. The Lahore Session of the Indian National Congress in 1929, marks as an important incident in the history of India, because
1. A resolution was passed rejecting the two-nation theory in that Session
2. The Congress passed a resolution demanding purna swaraj (complete independence)
3. The rift between the extremists and moderates was resolved in that Session
Which of the above-given statements is/are correct?
a) 2 only b) 1 and 3
c) 2 and 3 d) None of the above
6. Which of the following given statements is/are correct, with reference to the guilds / Shrine of ancient India, which played a very major role in the country’s economy?
1. The guild had judicial powers over its own members.
2. Every guild was registered with the central authority of the State and the king was the chief administrative authority on them.
3. The wages, rules of work, standards, and prices were fixed by the guild.
a) 1 and 3 only b) 2 only
c) 1 and 3 only d) 1,2 and 3
7. In the Indian Constitution, the distribution of powers between the Centre and the states is based on the scheme provided in the
a) Indian independence Act, 1947
b) Morley-Minto Reforms, 1909
c) Montagu-Chelmsford Act, 1919
d) Government of Indian Act, 1935