UPSC NCRET HISTORY NOTES: TOPIC WISE SOLVED MCQ’s
Analyzing the IAS exam pattern, it is evident that candidates should have clear understanding concepts and this is possible through daily IAS preparation. To assist you Himalai IAS coaching is come up with UPSC subject wise most important&expected IAS prelims questions series with the answer explanation. You can assess your everyday learning and keep in check with your IAS planning and preparation. We are also providing our daily program list so you can keep track of our Himalai IAS question series updates.
HIMALAI ONLINE TEST COMING SHORTLY
The most awaited Himalai online IAS test series is coming up shortly. With more than 20 years of experience, Himalai IAS coaching has become one of the pioneers in understanding UPSC exam requirements. These exclusive mock tests are a complete package of UPSC expected questions, answers and an in-depth explanation of each topic prepared by experts with years of IAS coaching experience. Himalai IAS coaching test series will assess your daily IAS preparation and will be the guiding light throughout your IAS journey. To know more register to Himalai.
1. Consider the following statements, with reference to the famous Sattriya dance, which of the statements given below is/are correct?
- Sattriya is a combination of dance, music, and drama.
- It is based on classical Talas and Ragas of devotional songs composed by Kabir, Tulsidas and, Mirabai.
- It is a century old tradition of Vaishnavites of Assam.
- a) 1 only b) 1 and 2 only c) 1 and 3 only d) 1,2 and 3
2. Chaitra 1 of the national calendar based on the Saka Era corresponds to which one of the following dates of the Gregorian calendar in a normal year of 365 days?
a) 22nd March (or 21st March)
b) 15th May (or 16th May)
c) 31st March (or 30th March)
d) 21st April (or 20th April)
- Consider the following pairs with reference to Buddhist history, tradition and culture of India:
Famous shrine Location
- Lhotsava Lhakhang temple, Nako: Zanskar Valley
- Tabo monastery and temple complex: Spiti Valley
- Alchi temple complex: Ladakh
Which of the pairs given above is/are correctly matched?
a) 1 only b) 2 and 3only c) 1 and 3 only d) 1,2 and 3
4. Consider the following statements:
- ‘Bijak’ is a composition of the teachings of Saint Dadu Dayal.
2. The Philosophy of Pushti Marg was propounded by Madhvacharya.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a) 1 only b) 2 only c) Both 1 and 2 d) Neither 1 nor 2
5. Manganiyars, a community of people are well-known for their
a) Martial arts in North- East India
b) Pietra dura tradition in Central India
c) Classical vocal music in South India
d) Musical tradition in North-West India
6. Fatehpur Sikri which is at Ibadat Khana was
a) The hall in which Akbar held discussions with scholars of various religions
b) Akbar’s private prayer chamber
c) The mosque for the use of Royal Family
d) The room in which the nobles belonging to different religions gathered to discuss religious affairs
7. From the following pairs which do not form a part of the six systems of Indian Philosophy?
a) Mimamsa and Vedanta b) Nyaya and Vaisheshika
c) Lokayata and Kapalika d) Sankhya and Yoga