UPSC NCRET GEOGRAPHY NOTES: TOPIC WISE SOLVED MCQ’s
Analyzing the IAS exam pattern, it is evident that candidates should have clear understanding concepts and this is possible through daily IAS preparation. To assist you Himalai IAS coaching is come up with UPSC subject wise most important&expected IAS prelims questions series with the answer explanation. You can assess your everyday learning and keep in check with your IAS planning and preparation. We are also providing our daily program list so you can keep track of our Himalai IAS question series updates.
HIMALAI ONLINE TEST COMING SHORTLY
The most awaited Himalai online IAS test series is coming up shortly. With more than 20 years of experience, Himalai IAS coaching has become one of the pioneers in understanding UPSC exam requirements. These exclusive mock tests are a complete package of UPSC expected questions, answers and an in-depth explanation of each topic prepared by experts with years of IAS coaching experience. Himalai IAS coaching test series will assess your daily IAS preparation and will be the guiding light throughout your IAS journey. To know more register to Himalai.
1. The benefits of implementing the ‘Integrated Watershed Development Programme’ are,
- Rainwater harvesting and recharge of the groundwater table
- Linking the country’s perennial rivers with seasonal rivers
- Prevention of soil runoff
- Regeneration of natural vegetation
Choose the correct answer using the codes given below.
a) 1 and 2 only b) 1, 3 and 4 only
c) 2,3 and 4 only d) 1,2,3 and 4
2. Which of the following below pairs is/are correctly matched?
Region Well-known for the production of
- Coromandel: Soya bean
2. Kinnaur: Areca nut
3. Mewat: Mango
a) 1 and 2 only b) 3 only
c) 1,2 and 3 d) None of the above
3. National Highway Cities connected
- NG 15 Ahmedabad and Jodhpur
- NH 4 Chennai and Hyderabad
- NH 6 Mumbai and Kolkata
Which of the above pairs is/are correctly matched?
a) 1 and 2 only b) 3 only
c) 2 and 3 only d) None
4. Which of the following towns of India are famous for the production of sarees/fabric?
a) 1 and 2 only b) 1, 2 and 3 only
c) 2 and 3 d) 1,3 and 4
5. Geographical Feature Region
a) Abyssinian: Arabia
b) Atlas Mountains: North-Western Africa
c) Okavango Basin: Patagonia
d) Guiana Highlands: South-Western Africa
Which one of the above pairs is correctly matched?
6. Variations in the length of day and night from season to season are due to
a) The earth’s rotation on its axis
b) Latitudinal position of the place
c) Revolution of the earth on a tilted axis
d) The earth’s revolution around the sun in an elliptical manner
7. Most of the fresh water on the planet earth exists as glaciers and ice caps. Out of the remaining freshwater, the largest proportion
a) Is found in freshwater lakes and rivers
b) Is found in the atmosphere as moisture and clouds
c) Exists as soil moisture
d) Exists as groundwater