UPSC NCERT SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY NOTES: TOPIC WISE SOLVED MCQ’s
Analyzing the IAS exam pattern, it is evident that candidates should have clear understanding concepts and this is possible through daily IAS preparation.
To assist you HimalaiIAS coaching is to come up with UPSC subject wise most important &
expected IAS prelims questions series with the answer explanation.
You can assess your everyday learning and keep in check with your IAS planning and preparation.
We are also providing our daily program list so you can keep track of our Himalai IAS question series updates.
HIMALAI ONLINE TEST COMING SHORTLY
The most awaited Himalai online IAS test series is coming up shortly. With more than 20 years of experience, Himalai IAS coaching has become one of the pioneers in understanding UPSC exam requirements. These exclusive mock tests are a complete package of UPSC expected questions, answers and an in-depth explanation of each topic prepared by experts with years of IAS coaching experience. Himalai IAS coaching test series will assess your daily IAS preparation and will be the guiding light throughout your IAS journey. To know more register to Himalai.
1. Optical fiber works on the principle of
a) Total internal reflection b) Refraction
c) Scattering d) Interference
2. Consider the following natural phenomena:
1. Terrestrial heating 2. Reflection of light
3. Refraction of light 4. Diffraction of light
Due to which of the above given phenomena is mirage formed?
a) 1 and 2 b) 2, 3 and 4 c) 1 and 3 d) 4 only
3. The Laser is a beam of radiations which are
a) Non-coherent and non-monochromatic b) Coherent and non-monochromatic
c) Non-coherent and monochromatic d) Coherent and monochromatic
4. Which organelles in the cell, other than nucleus contains DNA?
a) Centriole b) Golgi apparatus c) Lysosomes d) Mitochondria
Ans : D
5. Which of the following cell organelles play the most significant rule in protein synthesis –
a) Lysosome and centrosome b) Endoplasmic reticulum and ribosome
c) Golgi apparatus and mitochondria d) Lysosome and mitochondria
6. The cellular and molecular control of programmed cell death is known as –
a) Apoptosis b) Ageing c) Degeneration d) Necrosis
7. Isobars are lines displaying areas of equal –
a) Humidity b) Temperature
c) Rainfall d) Atmospheric Pressure