UPSC NCERT POLITY NOTES: TOPIC WISE SOLVED MCQ’s
UPSC Polity: Emergency Provisions-2
Analyzing IAS exam pattern, it is evident that candidates should have clear understanding concepts and this is possible through daily IAS preparation.To assist you Himalai IAS coaching is come up with UPSC subject wise most important & expected IAS prelims questions series with answer explanation.You can assess your everyday learning and keep in check with your IAS planning and preparation. We are also providing our daily program list so you can keep track of our Himalai IAS question series updates.
HIMALAI ONLINE TEST COMING SHORTLY
The most awaited Himalai online IAS test series is coming up shortly. With more than 20 years of experience, Himalai IAS coaching has become one of the pioneers in understanding UPSC exam requirements. These exclusive mock tests are a complete package of UPSC expected questions, answers and in-depth explanation of each topic prepared by experts with years of IAS coaching experience. Himalai IAS coaching test series will assess your daily IAS preparation and will be the guiding light throughout your IAS journey. To know more register to Himalai
Today’s Topic: Emergency Provisions-2
- Which constitutional article defines the provision in respect of financial emergency—
a) Article 348 b) Article 351 c) Article 360 d) Article 362
2. Who declares the financial emergency—
a) President b) Prime Minister c) Finance Minister d) None of the above
3. After declaration of financial emergency by the President, what is the period of operation without approval by the Parliament—
a) Three months b) Four Months c) Two Months d) One Month
4. Which Constitutional Articles defines that only the union has the power to protect states against external aggression and internal disturbance—
a) Article 359 b) Article 360 c) Article 355 d) Article 361
5. Which article defines suspension of the provisions of article 18 during emergency—
a) Article 344 b) Article 345 c) Article 343 d) Article 358
6. Which Prime Minister of Indian Imposed President Rule for more number of times—
a) JawaharLal Nehru b) LalBahadurShastri
c) N.D. Deva Gowda d) Indira Gandhi
7. Within what period, the Parliament has to approve Financial emergency declared by the President—
a) Six Months b) Two Months c) Three Months d) Four Months
8. Who was the President of India when emergency was declared in 1975?
a) V.V.Giri b) B.D.Jatti
c) Dr.Rajendra Prasad d) Fakhruddin Ali Ahmmed
9. Which of the following shall not be considered an adequate ground for the issue of a proclamation of national emergency?
a) War b) External aggression
c) Armed rebellion d) Internal disturbance
10. Proclamation of emergency by the President of India can be made on the written provision of the Cabinet only. This has been added.
a) After 44th constitutional amendment b) After 42nd amendment
c) By the Constituent assembly d) The Supreme Court of India in 1975