UPSC NCERT GEOGRAPHY NOTES: TOPIC WISE SOLVED MCQ’s
Analyzing the IAS exam pattern, it is evident that candidates should have clear understanding concepts and this is possible through daily IAS preparation.
To assist youHimalaiIAS coaching is to come up with UPSC subject wise most important&expected
IAS prelims questions series with the answer explanation.
You can assess your everyday learning and keep in check with your IAS planning and preparation. We are also providing our daily program list so you can keep track of our Himalai IAS question series updates.
HIMALAI ONLINE TEST COMING SHORTLY
The most awaited Himalai online IAS test series is coming up shortly. With more than 20 years of experience, Himalai IAS coaching has become one of the pioneers in understanding UPSC exam requirements. These exclusive mock tests are a complete package of UPSC expected questions, answers and an in-depth explanation of each topic prepared by experts with years of IAS coaching experience. Himalai IAS coaching test series will assess your daily IAS preparation and will be the guiding light throughout your IAS journey. To know more register to Himalai.
1. Which of the following is the correct sequence of planets in order of their distances from the sun?
1. Jupiter 2. Uranus 3. Saturn 4. Neptune
a) 3, 1, 2, 4 b) 3, 1, 4, 2 c) 1, 3, 4, 2 d) 1, 3, 2, 4
2. Which of the following is/are the direct sources of information about the Earth’s interior?
- Earthquake wave 2. Volcano
- Gravitational force 4. Earth magnetism
Choose the correct answer from the codes provided below.
a) 1 and 2 only b) 2 only c) 3 and 4 only d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
3. The cup-shaped mouth of the volcano is:
a) Crater b) Cinder cone c) Focus d) Epicenter
4. An earthquake is also known as
a) Temper b) Teacher c) Tremor d) None of these
5. Match List – I with List – II and choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
List – I List – II
- Asia 1. Atacama
- Africa 2. Mojave
- North America 3. Kalahari
- South America 4. Gobi
A B C D
a) 4 2 3 1
b) 1 3 2 4
c) 4 3 2 1
d) 1 2 3 4
6. Rift Valley is formed-
a) Between two anticlines
b) Between two faults
c) Due to volcanic eruption
d) Erosion of synclinal basin
7. Which of the following statements is not correct?
a) Atmospheric pressure on the earth’s surface is uniform.
b) Sub-tropical high-pressure belts are also called the horse latitudes.
c) The equatorial low-pressure belt is also called the Doldrums.
d) None of the above.