UPSC NCERT GEOGRAPHY NOTES: TOPIC WISE SOLVED MCQ’s
Analyzing the IAS exam pattern, it is evident that candidates should have clear understanding concepts and this is possible through daily IAS preparation.
To assist you Himalai IAS coaching is to come up with UPSC subject wise most important &
expected IAS prelims questions series with the answer explanation.
You can assess your everyday learning and keep in check with your IAS planning and preparation.
We are also providing our daily program list so you can keep track of our Himalai IAS question series updates.
HIMALAI ONLINE TEST COMING SHORTLY
The most awaited Himalai online IAS test series is coming up shortly. With more than 20 years of experience, Himalai IAS coaching has become one of the pioneers in understanding UPSC exam requirements. These exclusive mock tests are a complete package of UPSC expected questions, answers and an in-depth explanation of each topic prepared by experts with years of IAS coaching experience. Himalai IAS coaching test series will assess your daily IAS preparation and will be the guiding light throughout your IAS journey. To know more register to Himalai.
1. The average distance from the sun to the earth is –
a) 150 mn km
b) 57.8 mn km
c) 227.9 mn km
d) 778.2 mn km
2. Which one of the following present the Highest amount in terms of percentage by mass in the earth’s crust?
3. The Earth without rotational movement would result in
1. no-sun-rise and sun-set
2. No occurrence of day and night cycle
3. Only one season
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
a) 1 only
b) 1 and 2 only
c) 2 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
4. The scientist who first discovered that the earth revolves around the sun was
5. Which one among the following statements is not correct?
a) Solar noon occurs simultaneously at locations with the same longitude
b) One meridian, which is directly under the sun, experiences solar noon at a given time
c) Places having the same longitude experience solar noon at different times
d) Solar noon occurs at different times at locations with the same latitude
6. Variations in the length of daytime and nighttime from season to season are due to
a) The earth’s rotation on its axis
b) The earth’s revolution around the sun in an elliptical manner
c) Latitudinal position of the place
d) Revolution of the earth on a tilted axis
7. What is the time taken by the Earth to complete one rotation on its imaginary axis?
a) 24 hr 37 min 23 sec
b) 24 hr
c) 23 hr 56 min 4 sec
d) 23 hr 52 min