UPSC NCERT GEOGRAPHY NOTES: TOPIC WISE SOLVED MCQ’s
Analyzing the IAS exam pattern, it is evident that candidates should have clear understanding concepts and this is possible through daily IAS preparation.
To assist you Himalai IAS coaching is to come up with UPSC subject wise most important &
expected IAS prelims questions series with the answer explanation.
You can assess your everyday learning and keep in check with your IAS planning and preparation.
We are also providing our daily program list so you can keep track of our Himalai IAS question series updates.
HIMALAI ONLINE TEST COMING SHORTLY
The most awaited Himalai online IAS test series is coming up shortly. With more than 20 years of experience, Himalai IAS coaching has become one of the pioneers in understanding UPSC exam requirements. These exclusive mock tests are a complete package of UPSC expected questions, answers and an in-depth explanation of each topic prepared by experts with years of IAS coaching experience. Himalai IAS coaching test series will assess your daily IAS preparation and will be the guiding light throughout your IAS journey. To know more register to Himalai.
1. The Tropic of Cancer does not pass through:
2. How does the sun get its energy?
a) From gravitational pressure
b) From nuclear fission
c) From nuclear fusion
d) None of the above
3. Which of the following statements regarding the duration of day and night is correct?
a) Difference is least near the Equator and progressively increases away from it
b) Difference is maximum at the Equator and progressively decreases away from it
c) Difference is least at the Tropics and progressively increases towards the Equator and Poles
d) Difference is maximum at the Tropics and progressively decreases towards the Equator and Poles
4. Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution Mission is:
a) A spacecraft launched by India
b) A collaborative project of ISRO and NASA
c) A spacecraft launched by the USA
d) A collaborative project of NASA and the European Space Agency
5. What is the correct sequence of the following in the context of the age of the earth since its origin-
6. Which one of the following statements is NOT correct?
a) Weight of a body is different in different planets
b) Mass of the body on the earth, on the moon and in empty space is the same
c) The weightlessness of a body occurs when the gravitational forces acting on it are counterbalanced.
d) Weight and mass of a body are equal at sea level on the surface of the earth.
7. Which of the following phenomena is/are the effect of the rotation of the earth?
1. The apparent movement of the Sun, the Moon and the Stars
2. The flatness of the poles and bulge at the equator
3. The occurrence of Sunrise, noon and sunset
4. The magnetic field of the earth
a) 1 and 3
b) 2 and 3
c) 1, 2 and 3
d) All of the above