UPSC NCERT GEOGRAPHY NOTES: TOPIC WISE SOLVED MCQ’s
Analyzing the IAS exam pattern, it is evident that candidates should have clear understanding concepts and this is possible through daily IAS preparation.
To assist you Himalai IAS coaching is to come up with UPSC subject wise most important & expected IAS prelims questions series with the answer explanation.
You can assess your everyday learning and keep in check with your IAS planning and preparation.
We are also providing our daily program list so you can keep track of our Himalai IAS question series updates.
HIMALAI ONLINE TEST COMING SHORTLY
The most awaited Himalai online IAS test series is coming up shortly. With more than 20 years of experience, Himalai IAS coaching has become one of the pioneers in understanding UPSC exam requirements. These exclusive mock tests are a complete package of UPSC expected questions, answers and an in-depth explanation of each topic prepared by experts with years of IAS coaching experience. Himalai IAS coaching test series will assess your daily IAS preparation and will be the guiding light throughout your IAS journey. To know more register to Himalai.
1. It is reported that there is an ongoing decrease in the pH value of ocean water because of global warming. It happens due to
a) Larger uptake of CO2 by ocean water
b) Lesser uptake of CO¬2 by ocean water
c) Larger uptake of atmospheric nitrogen by ocean water
d) Lesser uptake of atmospheric nitrogen by ocean water
2. According to the Geo-scientists, the shape of the earth is
3. Close to that of a sphere
4. An oblate ellipsoid
Select the correct answer using the code given below
a) 2, 3 and 4
b) 1, 2 and 3
c) 1 and 2 only
d) 3 and 4 only
3. Which of the following elements are found in the highest and lowest quantities respectively in the crust of the earth?
a) Oxygen and silicon
b) Calcium and sodium
c) Sodium and magnesium
d) Oxygen and magnesium
4. The most abundant element is:
5. Which of the following is/are the direct source (s) of information about the interior of the earth?
1. Earthquake wave
3. Gravitational force
4. Earth magnetism
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 2 only
c) 3 and 4 only
d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
6. The most abundant metal in the earth’s crust is:
7. What does the term ‘Lithosphere’ refer to?
a) Interior of the Earth
b) Crust of the Earth
c) Plants and animals
d) None of the above