UPSC NCERT GEOGRAPHY NOTES: TOPIC WISE SOLVED MCQ’s
Analyzing the IAS exam pattern, it is evident that candidates should have clear understanding concepts and this is possible through daily IAS preparation.
To assist you Himalai IAS coaching is to come up with UPSC subject wise most important &
expected IAS prelims questions series with the answer explanation.
You can assess your everyday learning and keep in check with your IAS planning and preparation.
We are also providing our daily program list so you can keep track of our Himalai IAS question series updates.
HIMALAI ONLINE TEST COMING SHORTLY
The most awaited Himalai online IAS test series is coming up shortly. With more than 20 years of experience, Himalai IAS coaching has become one of the pioneers in understanding UPSC exam requirements. These exclusive mock tests are a complete package of UPSC expected questions, answers and an in-depth explanation of each topic prepared by experts with years of IAS coaching experience. Himalai IAS coaching test series will assess your daily IAS preparation and will be the guiding light throughout your IAS journey. To know more register to Himalai.
1. The Prime Meridian passes through which of the following?
a) New York b) Delhi c) Paris d) Greenwich
2. Which of the following countries are separated by the 49th parallel?
a) France and Germany b) Russia and China
c) USA and Canada d) USA and Mexico
3. The Tropic of Cancer does not pass through which of the following countries?
a) Pakistan b) India c) Myanmar d) Bangladesh
4. What is the “International Date Line”?
a) It is the 90 east longitude b) It is the 180 longitude
c) It is the equator d) It is the 0 longitude
5. Which of the following is Warm Ocean current?
1. East Australian Current 2. Peru Current
3. California Current 4. Oyo shio Current
Choose the right answer using the codes given below:
a) Only 1, 2 and 4 b) Only 1, 2 and 3 c) Only 2,3 and 4 d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
6. Which one of the following given statements is not correct?
a) Kuroshio current is a warm ocean current.
b) The cold currents flow from low latitudes to high latitudes.
c) Thermocline currents occur due to differences in water density
d) The water moves from the region of less density to the region of higher density
7. The “Ocean of storms” is the name given to which of the following?
a) A waterless area on moon surface b) None of these
c) Atlantic Ocean d) Pacific Ocean