UPSC NCERT ECONOMY NOTES: TOPIC WISE SOLVED MCQ’s
Analyzing the IAS exam pattern, it is evident that candidates should have clear understanding concepts and this is possible through daily IAS preparation.
To assist you Himalai IAS coaching is to come up with UPSC subject wise most important & expected IAS prelims questions series with the answer explanation.
You can assess your everyday learning and keep in check with your IAS planning and preparation.
We are also providing our daily program list so you can keep track of our Himalai IAS question series updates.
HIMALAI ONLINE TEST COMING SHORTLY
The most awaited Himalai online IAS test series is coming up shortly. With more than 20 years of experience, Himalai IAS coaching has become one of the pioneers in understanding UPSC exam requirements. These exclusive mock tests are a complete package of UPSC expected questions, answers and an in-depth explanation of each topic prepared by experts with years of IAS coaching experience. Himalai IAS coaching test series will assess your daily IAS preparation and will be the guiding light throughout your IAS journey. To know more register to Himalai.
1. In the context of Independent India’s economy, which one of the following was the earliest event to take place?
a) Nationalization of Insurance companies
b) Nationalization of State Bank of India
c) Enactment of Banking of India
d) Introduction of the First Five Year Plan
2. A great deal of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) to India comes from Mauritius than from many major and mature economies like the UK and France. Why?
a) India has a preference for certain countries as regards receiving FDI
b) India has double taxation avoidance agreement with Mauritius
c) Most citizens of Mauritius have an ethnic identity with India and so they felt secure to invest in India.
d) Impending dangers of global climatic change prompt Mauritius to make a huge investment in India.
3. Consider the following countries:
3) South Africa
According to UNCTAD, which of the above is/are categorized as “emerging economics”?
a) 1 only
b) 1 and 3 only
c) 2 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
4. In the context of Indian economy, consider the following pairs:
Term Most appropriate description
1) Meltdown Fall in stock prices
2) Recession Fall in growth rate
3) Slow down Fall in GDP
Which of the pairs given above is/are correctly matched?
a) 1 only
b) 2 and 3 only
c) 1 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
5. In India, which of the following is regulated by the Forward Markets Commission?
a) Currency Futures Trading
b) Commodities Futures Trading
c) Equity Futures Trading
d) Both commodities futures trading and financial futures trading.
6. A “closed economy” is an economy in which:
a) The money supply is fully controlled
b) Deficit financing takes place
c) Only exports take place
d) Neither exports nor imports take place.
7. Consider the following statements:
1) The first telegraph line in India was laid between Kolkata (formerly Calcutta) and Dimond Harbour.
2) The first Export Processing zone in India was set up in Kandla.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2