NATIONAL TEACHERS DAY
IMPORTANCE OF TEACHER’S DAY
- Teacher’s day in India is celebrated as a remembrance of our second president and first vice president Shri Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
- Teaching is considered as a noble profession, they not only influence the lives of their students but in turn shape India’s tomorrow.
- It’s a day to honor school and college teachers for their guidance in every student’s academic journey.
- They play a vital role in not only giving subjective knowledge but also ethics and morals in our lives.
- The Teacher’s day 2018 is celebrated on 5th September Wednesday
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was a great philosopher and scholar who had great influence in shaping India’s today.
- He was born on 5th September 1888 in a middle class Brahmin family at Tirutani Andhra Pradesh.
- From 1952 to1962 he became the first vice president and from 1962-1967 he served as president of India.
- He studied philosophy at Christian school in Madras and was academic philosophy professor in University of Mysore, Calcutta and even at University of oxford
- His teaching and dynamic personality was very much loved and respected by his student
- Some of his literature work include, An Idealist View of Life , Eastern Religions and Western Thought, The Philosophy of the Upanishad, Indian Philosophy vol .2
- He was endowed with the prestigious awards ‘Bharat Ratna’ in 1954
- For 27 times he was nominated for Nobel Prize in literature and peace fields
- From 1962 as his wish that his birthday celebration will be regarded to honor each and every teacher in the country for their contribution to society
- His firm belief was the Teachers are the best minds in the country
TEACHER’S DAY CELEBRATION
- As teacher’s day celebration in schools and colleges many events are organized by students to honor teachers
- Teacher’s day speech, debates, competitions for teachers and various other activates are held
- Some schools have a tradition of senior students dressing in casual and teaching their junior’s classes
- Students perform various activates like skits, dance, songs to entertain the teachers for the day
- Sweets and gifts are prepared by students as a gesture of thanks to their beloved teachers.
- Public events are held to award and honor outstanding teachers for their achievements in education field
- Renowned teachers of India like APJ Abdul Kalama, Dayanand Saraswati, Rabindranath Tagore, Swami Vivekananda and other visionary’s words and teachings are remembered on this day
Teachers are Guiders, Friends and Well-wishers who have a significant place in every one’s life and Teacher’ day celebrations create fond memory for both teachers and students. It is one of the bond that is cherished for life.
Himalai as a part of our India our pride events wants wish everyone a Happy Teachers day.