UPSC- IAS Exam Eligibility 2019: Age, education and Nationality
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to be released the annual Civil Service Exam IAS 2019 notification which is expected on February 2019. The IAS exam 2019 eligibility criteria are the primary function of the civil service exam, UPSC exams serve the nation its a backbone of the administrative machinery of the country.
UPSC Civil service exam or IAS exam conduct in three stages as mentioned below:
- Civil Services Prelims exam 2019
- Civil Services Main exam 2019
- Civil Services Personality test 2019
The candidates who are eligible can apply for the UPSC IAS 2019 exam to secure their career in Government sector.
What are the eligibility criteria for IAS?
The UPSC IAS 2019 eligibility for exam are based on Age, Qualification and Nationality.
UPSC IAS Age Limit 2019:
A candidate for IAS exam must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on 1st August 2019.
- UPSC Age limit 2019, upper age limit to a maximum of 5 years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste (SC) or a Scheduled Tribe (ST).
- For Other Backward Classes (OBC) up to a maximum of 3 years who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates in IAS exam.
- For the Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area up to a maximum of 3 years age relaxation provided.
- If a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January 1980 to the 31st December 1989 have up to a maximum of 5 years of age relaxation in IAS exam 2019.
- For ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs up to a maximum of 5 years who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August 2019 and have been released.
- On completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August 2019) otherwise than by way of dismissal or physical disability attributable to Military Service, or discharge of misconduct or inefficiency on medical issues.
- Up to a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years Military Service as on 1st August 2019 and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment of IAS exam 2019.
- Maximum of 10 years age limit for IAS in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopedically handicapped, leprosy cured, persons, specific learning disability and mental illness.
Nationality for IAS Exam 2019:
Nationality for the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India to attend the exam.
For other services a candidate must be either citizen of India or subject of Nepal or Tibetan- who came over to India before 1st January 1962 to settling in India permanently and other candidates come to India. A candidate for IAS Exam 2019 whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary for UPSC exams, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India eligibility criteria 2019.
Education Qualification for IAS 2019:
- The IAS eligibility 2019, the candidate must hold a degree from any recognized universities by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification to attend the IAS exam.
- Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the final examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for the Preliminary Examination of IAS 2019.
- All candidates who qualify the Prelims examination must produce a proof of Pass Bachelor Degree to appear for the Civil Services IAS 2019 Main Examination. The Degree certificate has to be attached with their application for the IAS Main Examinations.
- Candidates with professional and technical bachelor’s degrees that are recognized by the Government are also eligible to apply example MBBS,BE etc, for the IAS exam 2019.