UPSC Civil Service 2019 Application Released!
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the Civil Service Exam 2019 notification on Date February 2019.
UPSC has commenced the application process for recruiting the candidates for the Number civil service vacancies. The last date for applying for civil service exam 2019 is 18/03/2019. However, it is a wise decision to not to wait till the last minute for applying.
UPSC Vacancies 2019
Total no. of Vacancies: 896
SC/ST/OBC/ other weaker section: 857
Disability category(PWD): 39
- Blindness and low vision: 8
- Deaf and hard to hearing: 11
- Locomotor disability: 15
- Multiple Disabilities: 5
Last date for application: 18/03/2019
Last date for Cash Payment: 17/03/2019
Last date for Online Payment: 18/03/209
Note: The candidates are advice to make Cash Payment on 16/03/2019(Saturday) during banking hours before 17/03/2019 (Sunday) to avoid payment issues.
About IAS Exam 2019:
The commission conducts the civil service exam for recruiting candidates for the various services in Indian civil services. These services include Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian police service (IPS), Indian foreign service (IFS) and more. Civil service exam 2019 or IAS exam 2019 is conducted in three stages:
- IAS prelims exam
- IAS main exam
- IAS personality test
IAS exam 2019 Eligibility:
Minimum Education qualification for IAS exam: Degree from a government recognized university.
IAS exam age limit: Candidate must have attained a minimum age of 21 years as on 1st August 2019. Maximum IAS age limit is 32 years and every candidate gets six attempts at the IAS exam. IAS Age relaxations and number of attempts as per UPSC norms
|Category||UPSC 2019 Age Relaxation||IAS number of attempts|
|SC/ST||5 years||Up to 37 Years (Unlimited)|
|Blind, deaf-mute, Ortho- Handicapped, Widow||10 years||Up to 42 Years (Unlimited)|
|Ex-Servicemen||5 years||Based on caste & categories|
|Military Service (ECOS/SSCOs)||5 years||Based on caste & categories|
IAS Exam Pattern 2019:
IAS Prelims Exam 2019: Objective type
|Subject||No. of question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
Civil Service Aptitude Test
|Total 400 Marks|
Negative Marking: 1/3rd of marks allotted for that question is deducted for the wrong answer
IAS Mains Exam 2019: Descriptive type
|Anyone Indian Language||300||3Hrs|
|Compulsory Papers: counted for ranking|
|General studies 1||250||3Hrs|
|General studies 2||250||3Hrs|
|General studies 3||250||3Hrs|
|General studies 4||250||3Hrs|
|Optional subject paper1||250||3Hrs|
|Optional subject paper2||250||3Hrs|
|Total 1750 Marks|
|IAS Personality test||275|
|Grand Total (Written and Interview)||2025 Marks|
Click here to check the updated IAS syllabus 2019 and the IAS preparation strategies for 2019.
How to Apply for IAS exam 2019?
For applying for IAS exam 2019 candidates have to fill an online application form at the UPSC official website (www.upsc.gov). In the UPSC official website click on the ‘Civil service (Preliminary) Exam online application’
Two parts of Civil service online registration:
- Part I registration
- Part II registration
Part I registration:
- First click on Part I Registration
- Carefully read the UPSC instructions for filling the UPSC online application form
- Register with basic your basic details, valid email ID and mobile number. Carefully review before submitting.
- Please note down the unique 11-digit generated ID for future uses like UPSC admit card download and more.
- With your registration ID and password (Date of Birth) login and proceed to Part II registration
- Take the print of the IAS application for reference
Part II Registration:
- Select the preferred exam center for attending the IAS prelims exam 2019
- Upload the scanned photo and signature of the prescribed format and size.
|Lower file Size Limit||20 KB|
|Upper File size limit||300 KB|
|Resolution||350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum
1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum
- Review and agree to the declaration then, submit the IAS prelims 2019 application form.
- You can pay the IAS Exam Fee (If applicable) through SBI net banking.
- If the fee payment is by cash deposition, then select ‘Pay by cash’ and download the SBI challan. Deposit the cash with the SBI challan at your nearest SBI branch.
UPSC 2019 exam link:
UPSC Exam Fee
UPSC application Fee must be paid through online methods only
|General, OBC & other categories||Rs.100/-|
|Female/SC/ST/ PH||Exempted from CSE fee payment|
IAS Exam 2019 important dates:
Here are the UPSC exam 2019 important dates.
|Starting Date for IAS online application & Fee payment||DD MM YY|
|Last date for IAS online application||DD MM YY|
|Last date for IAS exam fee payment||DD MM YY|
|IAS Prelims Admit card download||3 weeks before the CSE exam|
|IAS Prelims exam 2019||DD MM YY|
Click here to download UPSC notification 2019 pdfCivil Service Examination (IAS) Notification 2019 (49 downloads)