UPSC NCERT GENERAL SCIENCE NOTES: TOPIC WISE SOLVED MCQ’s
UPSC General Science:Functional Properties-2
Analyzing IAS exam pattern, it is evident that candidates should have clear understanding concepts and this is possible through daily IAS preparation.To assist you Himalai IAS coaching is come up with UPSC subject wise most important & expected IAS prelims questions series with answer explanation.You can assess your everyday learning and keep in check with your IAS planning and preparation. We are also providing our daily program list so you can keep track of our Himalai IAS question series updates.
HIMALAI ONLINE TEST COMING SHORTLY
The most awaited Himalai online IAS test series is coming up shortly. With more than 20 years of experience, Himalai IAS coaching has become one of the pioneers in understanding UPSC exam requirements. These exclusive mock tests are a complete package of UPSC expected questions, answers and in-depth explanation of each topic prepared by experts with years of IAS coaching experience. Himalai IAS coaching test series will assess your daily IAS preparation and will be the guiding light throughout your IAS journey. To know more register to Himalai
Today’s Topic:Functional Properties-2
1. Which one of the following type of penicillin is active against Pseudomonas:
a) Extended spectrum penicillinv b) Ampicillin
c) Penicillin-g d) None of these
Explanation: The extended spectrum penicillin are used against infection cause by gram-negative pseudomonas bacteria, a particular problem in the hospital or clinic. So in the give option (a) is the answer of given question.
2. Consider the following statements and select the correct code/answer:
1) Penicillinase resistant’s are bacteria that have developed resistance to penicillin-G.
2) Penicillin used to treat disease as gonorrhea, meningitis, anthrax, yaus and syphilis.
a) 1 and 2 are incorrect b) 1 and 2 are correct
c) Only 1 is correct d) Only 2 is correct.
Explanation: Penicillinase resistant are penicillin the combat bacteria that have developed resistance to penicillin-G. So only option (d) is correct.
3. Which of the following drug is used to treat osteoarthritis?
a) Tramadol b) Endolac c) Penthrane d) None of these.
Explanation: Endolac is used to treat osteoarthritis. It is non-steroid, mild analgesic that work by reducing concentrations of certain chemicals of modify tissue are produce inflammation and pain, relieving swelling and stuffiness.
4. Match the following drug with their uses and select the correct code/answer:
A) Meningitis 1) Rifamicin
B) Headache and structural muscle aches 2) Macrolides
C) Diptheria 3) Cephalosporins
D) Tuberculosis 4) Accetaminophen
A B C D
a) 1 2 3 4
b) 3 4 2 1
c) 1 4 3 2
d) 4 2 1 3
A – 3
B – 4
C – 2
D – 1
5. Consider the following statements and select correct code:
1) Hess law is used in calculating heat of formation and also heat of combustion.
2) Hess law states that the quantity of heat absorbed or evolved in a chemical change varies with the step in the process.
a) 1 and 2 are not correct b) 1 and 2 are correct
c) Only 2 is correct d) Only 1 is correct.
Explanation: According to hess law constant heat summation the quality of heat absorbed in a chemical change is always same irrespective of the fact that process take place in one step or several step.
6. Which of the following is a general formula of Ketones:
a) R-CO-R b) R-O-R c) R-COOH d) RNH2
Explanation: The chemical of formula of Ketones is R – CO – R’. Ketone is a group of chemical compound containing a carbonyl group, C = O attached to two organic groups, for example, acetone which has chemical formulae is CH3COCH2.
7. Which of the following is burned in oxygen, producing a very hot flame using in cutting of metal and welding in metal.
a) Acetylene b) Butane c) Dopamine d) Ethylene.
Explanation: For cutting and welding of metal Acetylene is used. Acetylene is also used in the manufacturing of vinyl chloride for plastic, acetaldehyde and neoprene type of synthesis rubber.
8. Match the following compound with their chemical formulate:
A) Propane 1) CH4
B) Butane 2) C4H10
C) Pentane 3) C5H12
D) Methane 4) C3H8.
A B C D
a) 1 2 3 4
b) 4 2 3 1
c) 3 2 1 4
d) 4 2 3 1
Propane – C3H8
Butane – C4H10
Pentene – C5H10
Methane – CH4
9. Match the following lists and select correct code:
A) Orange 1) Citric acid
B) Lemon 2) Lactic acid
C) Curd 3) Tarataric acid
D) Tamarind 4) Citric acid
A B C D
a) 1 2 3 4
b) 1 4 2 3
c) 1 3 2 4
d) 4 2 3 1
Orange – Citric acid
Lemon – Citric acid
Curd – Lactic acid
Tamarind – Tarataric acid
10. A bird flies down vertically towards a water surface, to a fish inside the water, vertically below the bird, the bird will appear to:
1) be further away than its actual distance. 2) be closer than its actual distance.
3) move faster than its actual speed. 4) Move slower than its actual speed.
Choose correct options:
a) a and c b) Only d c) All of the above d) a, b and c.
For refraction at plane surface, use
Let n = height of bird above the water surface.
For travelling from bird to the fish
μ2 = 1, μ2 = μ (R.I. of water ) , μ = – x, =
V = – μn
V = μn
Speed of bird is greater than actual speed.