UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
MoU Signed for Rudraksh Plantation in Ganga Basin
- A MoU was signed between National Mission for Clean Ganga, HCL Foundation and INTACH for taking up a project of ‘Plantation of Rudraksh Trees in Uttarakhand’ as a part of CSR initiative under the ‘Namami Gange’ Programme.
Dr P. K. Mishra presents Country Statement at Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction 2019 at Geneva
- While presenting the Country Statement today, Dr Mishra briefed on the steps taken by India, after the adoption of the Sendai Framework.
Project ‘SPARROW-CBIC’ for online writing of APAR in SPARROW for Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ Officers of CBIC implemented
- Online writing of APARs in SPARROW for IRS (C&CE) Officers has already been implemented w.e.f. 2016-17
- SPARROW-CBIC is one of its kind in terms of Scale/ number of employees covered as far as Central Government Departments are concerned.
Workshop on Artificial Bio Organs held in Visakhapatnam
- In request to fortify Indo-Australian Cooperation and accomplish improvement of 3D printing industry in both the nations.
- Jitendar Kumar Sharma, MD & CEO invited the delegates to experience the 3D printing facility at AMTZ.
India’s Foreign Trade: April 2019
- India’s overall exports in April2019* is estimated to be USD 44.06billion, exhibiting a positive growth of 1.34per cent over the April 2018. Overall imports in April2019* is estimated to be USD 52.83billion, exhibiting a positive growth of 4.53per cent over April 2018. (16/05/2019)
India sets the tone at COP meetings of Basel, Rotterdam and Stockholm conventions held in Geneva.
- The joint meetings of three conventions on chemicals and waste that is the 14th meeting of the COP to Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movement of Hazardous Wastes and their Disposal (COP 14) was held along with the 9th meeting of the COP to Rotterdam Convention on the Prior Informed Consent Procedure for Certain Hazardous Chemicals and Pesticides in International Trade and the 9th meeting of the COP to Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants.
UNDRR confers Dr P.K. Mishra Additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister with the prestigious Sasakawa Award 2019
- UNDRR conferred Sasakawa Award 2019 for Disaster Risk Reduction to Dr. Pramod Kumar Mishra, Additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister of India and the award was announced at the Award Ceremony during the ongoing 6th Session of GPDRR 2019 at Geneva.
Israel proposes India to be the focus country in Jerusalem Film Festival, 2020
- The Indian Delegation led by I&B Secretary Shri Amit Khare met Film Commissioners of participating countries at Cannes Film Festival.During the meeting, India was positioned as an attractive filming destination.
Website of Lokpal inaugurated
- The Website of the Lokpal was introduced by the Chairperson, Justice Shri Pinaki Chandra Ghose.It is the primary foundation of its sort in autonomous India, set up under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013.
Third Meeting of the Advisory Council of the Fifteenth Finance Commission
- The3rd meeting of the Advisory Council of the 15th Finance Commission was held in New Delhi, chaired by Shri N.K. Singh, Chairman, XVFC and attended by Members of the Advisory Council, Members of the Commission Dr. Anoop Singh, Shri Ajay Narayan Jha, Shri Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Aayog, Shri Subhash Chandra Garg, Finance Secretary , Shri Girish Chandra Murmu, Expenditure Secretary and senior officials of the Commission.
- In the meeting the Council Members were updated by the Commission on the progress made in terms of State Visits by the Commission, consultations with the RBI, with Bankers and financial institutions, with stakeholders and domain experts. (17/05/2019)
First NCC Girls Expedition Team from Sikkim Flagged off to Mt Tenchenkhang
- The NCC Girls’ Mountaineering Expedition to Mt. Tenchenkhang in Sikkim was ‘Flagged Off’ by Addl Director General (B) Maj Gen Sanjay Gupta.It was led by Lt Col Madhab Boro and constitute three officers , 17 PI staff and 20 NCC Girl Cadets from various All India NCC directorates.
- This is the first NCC cadets’ expedition in Sikkim ever since 1970. The team will be attempting to scale Mt. Tenchenkhang (6010m) by the end of June 2019.
MRSAM Firing Trials
- The Indian Navy accomplished a noteworthy achievement in improving its Anti Air Warfare Capability with the lady helpful commitment terminating of the MRSAM.
- These Surface to Air Missiles are fitted installed the Kolkata Class Destroyers and on all future real warships of the Indian Navy.
Official reaction from MDWS to late Reuters tale about the Swachh Bharat Mission
- The Reuters news organization has distributed a story titled “Modi broadcasts a cleaner India, yet the truth might be increasingly cloudy”.
- Initially, the system and procedures of the NARSS have been created and affirmed by the EWG, which is led by Prof. Amitabh Kundu of JNU and previous individual from the National Statistical Commission, and co-led by Dr N. C Saxena, previous Secretary to Government of India.(18/05/2019)
Vice President calls for improving pulses productivity
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has called for increasing the acreage and productivity of pulses for achieving self-sufficiency and urged agricultural universities to step up research on improving their yields.
8th Indo – Myanmar Coordinated Navy Patrol
- Myanmar Navy Ship UMS King Tabin Shwe Htee (773) and UMS Inlay (OPV-54) have arrived Port Blair on 20 May for the ‘Opening Ceremony’ of the 8th IMCOR at Andaman and Nicobar Command.
- The Myanmar delegation led by Commodore Htein Win, Commander, Ayeyarwady Naval Command called on Cmde Ashutosh Ridhorkar, VSM, Naval Component Commander on 20 May 2019.
- The ships will also undertake joint manoeuvres and drills during the sea phase of coordinated patrol (CORPAT) prior ‘Closing Ceremony’ of the CORPAT onboard Myanmar Naval Ship..(21/05/2019)
Control room at ECI
- A 24 hour EVM Control Room has been made functional at Nirvachan Sadan to monitor complaints relating to polled EVMs.The any complaints related to storage issues at strong rooms, permissions to candidates to post their agents at strong rooms, security of strong rooms, cctv monitoring, movement of any EVMs can be taken into action also any complaints during counting related to EVMs can be informed at control room number 011-23052123 (with 5 hunting lines) for queries.
PSLV-C46 successfully launches RISAT-2B
- India’s PSLV-C46 successfully launched the RISAT-2B satellite from SDSC SHAR, Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh. This was the 72nd launch vehicle mission from SDSC SHAR, Sriharikota and 36th launch from the First Launch pad.
- PSLV-C46 lifted-off at 05:30 Hrs (IST) from the First Launch Pad and injected RISAT-2B into a orbit of 556 km, about 15 minutes and 25 seconds after lift-off.
- Dr K Sivan Chairman of ISRO congratulated the launch vehicle and satellite teams involved in the mission.(22/05/2019)
MoU for Joint Collaboration on Cancer Research
- The Department of Biotechnology , M/o Science and Technology and the DAE, Government of India today signed an MOU for supporting joint collaborative research programmes in the area of Cancer.
International Day for Biological Diversity Celebrated across the Country
- The IDB 2019 was celebrated all over the country.The Vice President of India, Shri Venkaiah Naidu in his Presidential address highlighted that conservation of nature and natural resources is an innate aspect of the Indian psyche and faith.
- Referring to the theme of IDB 2019, the Vice President stated that in India, the traditional food systems evolved over a period time has proved to be healthier, more balanced and nutritious.
- The theme of IDB this year, Our Biodiversity, Our Food, Our Health, focuses on biodiversity as the foundation for food and health, furthermore, means to use learning and spread attention to the reliance of our nourishment frameworks, sustenance and wellbeing on biodiversity and sound biological systems.
Fruitful Firing of BrahMos Air Launched Missile from Su-30 MKI Aircraft
- IAF effectively terminated the BrahMos air form rocket from its forefront Su-30 MKI contender airplane. The dispatch from the flying machine was smooth and the rocket pursued the ideal direction before straightforwardly hitting the land target.
- The air propelled BrahMos rocket is a 2.5 ton supersonic air to surface journey rocket with scopes of near 300 km, structured and created by BAPL.
- The terminating could be effectively embraced with committed help from Indian Navy by method for guaranteeing accessibility of an enormous number of observing boats to guarantee extend security leeway.
Affiliation of ICG ship Shaurya with 3rd battalion of Assam Rifles
- In an effort to enhance inter Armed Forces Cooperation, the Director Generals of Assam Rifles and ICG in a ceremony held at Laitkor, Shillong, signed an Affiliation Charter between 3rd Battalion of Assam Rifles and Indian Coast Guard Ship ‘Shaurya’.
- Assam Rifles is the oldest Para Military Force of India and ICGShip ‘Shaurya’, indigenously built at Goa Shipyard Limited, based in Chennai is a modern state-of-the-art 105 mtrs long OPV commissioned on August12, 2017.(23/05/2019)
Fire at Bhilai Steel Plant’s Tar Distillation Unit
- A fire was reported at Tar Distillation Unit of SAIL’s Bhilai Steel Plant in its CO&CC Department at 8.30 AM this morning. Immediately, the fire tenders were rushed to the site and the fire was controlled promptly.
- Meanwhile, there has not been any disruption in the Plant’s normal operation.
Payroll Reporting in India –Employment Perspective
- The CSO, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation has released the press note on Employment Outlook of the country covering the period September, 2017 to March, 2019.
- Since April, 2018 this Ministry has been drawing out the business related measurements in the formal division covering the period September 2017 onwards.(24/05/2019)
Cabinet approves dissolution of the Sixteenth Lok Sabha
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, today gave its approval to the Resolution advising the President to dissolve the Sixteenth Lok Sabha.
- An announcement appearing last dates of the surveys, dates of the constitution, first sitting and termination of term and disintegration of the First to Fifteenth Lok Sabha is connected.
Eastern Command Unit Test- Fired BrahMos Missile from Car Nicobar Islands
- A BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile was successfully test-fired by a Unit of Eastern Command, Indian Army from Car Nicobar Islands at 1450 hr on 22 May 2019 as a major aspect of joint preparing by Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force.
- The dispatch of the BrahMos rocket included coordination with huge number of offices for a fruitful and smooth direct of terminating.
DRDO Successfully Flight-Tested Guided Bomb
- DRDO effectively flight tried a 500 kg class Inertial Guided Bomb today from Su-30 MKI Aircraft from the Pokhran test go in Rajasthan.The guided bomb accomplished the ideal range and hit the objective with high accuracy.
Sahara – A Hostel for the Veer Naris
- Hon’ble Lt Governor of Delhi Shri Anil Baijal inaugurated the Sahara Naval Hostel for the ‘Veer Naris’ at Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.The project was steered by the Indian Navy for ‘Naval Veer Naris’ has been built in Corporate Social Responsibility partnership with NBCC.
ICAT Organized International Seminar on Noise, Vibration and Harshness
- ICAT organized an international seminar-cum-workshop on Automotive Noise, Vibration and Harshness (iNVH) on 23rd – 24th May, 2019 at ICAT, Manesar.The two-day event was attended by 220 delegates from different sections of the automotive industry.
Indian Delegation participates in Second SCO Mass Media Forum at Bishkek
- The Second SCO Mass Media Forum is being held at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan from 23-26 May, 2019.The Forum aims to strengthen the exchange and cooperation in the field of mass media amongst SCO countries.
Payroll Reporting in India – A Employment Perspective
- The CSO, Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation has discharged the press note on Employment Outlook of the nation covering the period September, 2017 to March, 2019. (25/5/19)
- The President will oversee the Oath of Office and Secrecy to the Prime Minister and different individuals from Union Council of Ministers on 30.05.2019 at 07.00 p.m. at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
I&B Ministry to organize Special Interactive Session with Mr. John Bailey
- In a major initiative to explore possibilities of collaboration, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting is organizing a Special Interactive Session with Mr.John Bailey, President of Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences on 28th May at Siri Fort, New Delhi.
- The interaction will throw insights into the thought leadership at Oscars but will also be informative for key stakeholders attending the event.
The CAS visits AF STN Bhisiana and Sarsawa to pay praise to the air warriors who madepreeminent penance amid activity Safed Sagar
- Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa PVSM AVSM YSM VM ADC, Chief of the Air Staff, drove a four aircraft, MiG-21 ‘Missing Man’ advancement flypast, at Air Force Station Bhisiana,to respect the valor and preeminent penance of men slaughtered in real life amid Operation Safed Sagar at Kargil.(28/05/2019)