IAS Exam 2019- Exam stages, Exam pattern,Syllabus,Exam Eligibility
With no doubt, the Indian Administrative Service is one of the most esteemed and powerful positions in the Indian government. This fascinates many youngsters to choose civil service as a prospective career and take up civil services exam 2019. If you are one of them, then you have come to the right place!
According to the UPSC exam Calendar 2019 As you all Know UPSC 2019 is about to release. with it UPSC exam 2019 application date and also the last date of applying will also be Provided in the UPSC exam date 2019 format
Once the Notification is out you will know about the upsc prelims 2019 date Accordingly you can plan upsc 2019 strategy
The answer for ‘what are prelims exam in IAS exam ?’ is simple, but understanding the process is significant for your IAS preparations 2019.
- The civil service exam is a three-stage process: IAS Prelims, IAS Mains and Interview.
- The IAS exam commences with the IAS preliminary exam, which is a screening test for mains. Only prelims clearing candidates eligible for IAS Mains.
- The marks obtained in IAS prelims is not counted for your IAS final ranking still, it is a crucial stage for IAS exam.
|Total 400 Marks|
- upsc exam pattern consists of two papers General Studies (GS) and Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT). upsc prelims 2019 syllabus is be expected as the previous once with particular Subjects .The upsc prelims syllabus will be made available on the upsc official website, it present in the upsc 2019 syllabus pdf which can be downloaded by clicking on upsc syllabus 2019 pdf download
- Each paper is of 200 marks, constituting a total of 400 marks for the prelims stage. The exam is conducted on a single day, which is usually on Sunday with two hours duration for each paper.
- The questions are objective in nature and one-fourth of marks of the question is deducted for every wrong answer (Negative Marking Scheme).
- CSAT is only a qualifying paper with, you have to score minimum 33% to get your GS paper evaluated.
- General studies test your knowledge on general topics related to society and India, CSAT will check your logical and reasoning abilities.
The focus of IAS prelims is to check your intellectual level and ability to retrieve information spontaneously so be regularly updated with the ias 2019 date. Current affairs, basic concepts, understanding facts, and even common sense are the essential parts you need to keep in mind for your prelims preparations.
Refer to reliable sources and take timely mock tests while preparing to get the familiarity with IAS prelims exam process. While attending and avoid answering unassured questions as unattended questions are not accounted for negative marking. Elimination method also helps to identify the right answers. UPSC will publish IAS prelims answer keys 2019 after the exam to cross check your answers.
IAS prelims is common for both civil service exam and Indian forest service exam this will increase your chances of getting into civil services (Check your eligibility for Indian forest service).
As said before IAS exam pattern and IAS prelims is simple if you understand the process completely. Plan your studies and prepare as planned, that is the key for clearing prelims exam successfully.