Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh launches Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) for Nagaland
Shri Rajnath Singh has launched ERSS for emergency service number 112 as unique number for Nagaland. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore aims is to bring awareness about current affairs for the Civil Services Exam like IAS exam, KAS exam.
Shri Rajnath Singh the Union Home Minister launched Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) for Nagaland at Kohima, coinciding with the inaugural day of Horn bill Festival and Formation Day of Nagaland 2018.
Residents in Nagaland do not require to remember multiple helpline numbers as previously. They can dial 112 or use Panic Button on their phones or 112 India mobile App to connect to a single number based 112 emergency services which will connect to Fire, Police, Health and other helplines through an Emergency Response Center in the State.
- Union Home Minister also flagged off Emergency Response Vehicles fitted with mobile device terminals.
- 321.69 Crore has allocated by Central Government under Nirbhaya Fund for implementation of ERSS project across the country, where as Rs.4.88 crore has been allocated for Nagaland for the project.
- Nagaland is the first among st the North-Eastern States and the second State in India to launch Pan-India single emergency number ‘112’ under ERSS, subsequently rolled out in all States & Union Territories to help people across the country access the unified emergency services for the welfare of the country.
- One Emergency Response Centre (ERC) has been established in Kohima and also along with 3 District Command Centers (DCCs), namely Dimapur, Mokokchung and Kohima.
- The Emergency Response Center is capable of receiving emergency calls through voice call to 112, panic buttons activated calls, email and 112 India mobile App.
- A unique ‘SHOUT’ feature has been introduced in 112 India mobile App this allow the victims to seek seek immediate assistance from registered volunteers in the vicinity apart from contacting Emergency Response Centre.
- Shri Neiphiu Rio the Chief Minister of Nagaland expressed his gratitude to the Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh for inaugurating the 112-single emergency number, 112 India mobile app and ERSS website and also providing financial assistance for the project. He said that they will be able to overcome connectivity issues in remote districts in emergency purpose.
- Union Home Minister congratulated and applauded the initiatives of Government and also appealed to the residents of State of Nagaland to download ‘112 India’ mobile app and encouraged them to come forward and register themselves as volunteers.
- Himachal Pradesh & Nagaland in rolling out the ERSS project, he urged other States and Union Territories to make efforts to commence roll-out of their ERSS project.