Transport and Marketing Assistance (TMA) for Specified Agriculture Products is been Notified
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Transport and Marketing Assistance (TMA) for Specified Agriculture Products Notified
Department of Commerce of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry has notified a scheme for Transport and Marketing Assistance (TMA) for Specified Agriculture Products.
- Introduction and Objective
TMA for specified agriculture products scheme aims to provide assistance for the international component of freight and marketing of agricultural produce which is likely to mitigate disadvantage of higher cost of transportation of export of specified agriculture products.
All exporters, properly enlisted with applicable Export Promotion Council according to Foreign Trade Policy, of qualified agribusiness items will be secured under this plan.
Applicability: The Scheme would be applicable for a period as specified from time to time. Presently the Scheme would be available for exports effected from 1.3.2019 to 31.03.2020.
Eligibility of Products: The assistance will be provided on export of all agriculture products covered in HSN chapter 1 to 24 including marine and plantation products except those mentioned in Annexure
Pattern of Assistance:
- Assistance under TMA would be provided in cash through direct bank transfer as part reimbursement of freight paid.
- The level of assistance would be different for different regions as notified from time to time for export of eligible products.
- The assistance shall be admissible only if payments for the exports are received in Free Foreign Exchange through normal banking channels.
- The scheme shall be admissible for the exports made through EDI ports only.
Categories of export ineligible for TMA
The following exports categories / sectors shall be ineligible under this scheme:
- Products exported from SEZs/ EOUs/ EHTPs/ STPs/ BTPs/ FTWZs
- SEZ/EOU/EHTPs/STPs/BTPs/FTWZs products exported through DTA units
- Export of imported goods covered under paragraph 2.46 of the FTP;
- Items, which are restricted or prohibited for export under Schedule-2 of Export Policy in ITC (HS), unless specifically notified.
- Exports through trans-shipment, for example sends out that are starting in third nation however trans-sent through India;
Procedure for Availing Assistance under the Scheme
TMA would be reimbursed through the Regional Authorities of DGFT as per the procedure laid down in Chapter 7(A) of Handbook of Procedures (2015-2020).
Mechanism for Scrutiny of the claims, audit, recovery and penal action.
DGFT will set down system for examination of the cases, review of the installments made, recuperation of the ineligible/overabundance paid help, enthusiasm on such recuperations.
List of agriculture products not eligible under TMA
The assistance will be provided for all agriculture products covered under HSN chapter 1 to 24, with the following exceptions:
|1, 2 & 5||All HS Codes||– Live animals
– Meat and Edible Meat Offal
– Results of Animal Origin, not somewhere else indicated or included
– Other shrimps and prawns:
|4th||(0401)||-Milk and cream, not concentrated nor containing included sugar or other improving issue|
|4th||(0402)||– Milk and cream, concentrated or containing added sugar or other sweetening matter|
|4th||(0403)||– Buttermilk, soured milk and cream, yogurt, kephir and other matured or fermented milk and cream, despite whether thought or containing included sugar or other improving issue or enhanced or containing included natural product, nuts or cocoa|
|4th||(0404)||– Whey, regardless of whether focused or containing included sugar or other improving issue; items comprising of common milk constituents, regardless of whether containing included sugar or other improving issue, not somewhere else indicated or included|
|4th||(0405)||– Butter and different fats and oils got from milk; dairy spreads|
|4th||(0406)||– Cheese and curd|
– Onions, shallots, garlic, leeks and different alliaceous vegetables, crisp or chilled
|13 & 14||All HS Codes||– Lac; Gums, Resins and other Vegetable Saps and Extracts
– Vegetable Plaiting Materials; Vegetable Products not somewhere else determined or included
|-Cane Or Beet Sugar And Chemically Pure Sucrose, In Solid Form – Raw Sugar Not Containing Added Flavouring Or Colouring Matter ;
– Molasses coming about because of the extraction or refining of sugar
|22 and 24||All HS Codes||– Beverages, Spirits and Vinegar
– Tobacco and Manufactured Tobacco Substitutes
List of Export destinations/countries in each region under TMA
List of Regions and Export destinations/countries in each region eligible for assistance under TMA are as under:
|West Africa||Country names such as Benin, Mali, Burkina Faso, Mauritania, Ivory Coast, Niger, Cape Verde, Nigeria|
|In EU||Country names such as Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein.,|
|Gulf||Country names such as Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates|
|In North America||Country names such as Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama.,|
|ASEAN||Country names such as Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam|
|Russia & CIS||Country names such as Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan|
|Far East||Country names such as Japan, North Korea, South Korea|
|Oceana||Country names such as Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu|
|China||Country names such as PRC China, Hong Kong, Taiwan|
|South America||Country names such as Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela|
Differential rate of assistance under TMA (Amount in Indian Rupees)
|Region||Amount Per TEU (Normal)||Amount Per TEU (Reefer)||By Air
Amount per tonne
|Russia & CIS||12600||22400||700|