Safer Internet Day
Safer Internet Day celebrates on 5th February since 2009, it is celebrated outside Europe also. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore aims is to bring awareness about current affairs for the Civil Services Exam like IAS exam, KAS exam, Banking exam.
Safer Internet Day concept was introduced Committees was introduced in 2009, to strengthen the bonds with countries outside the network and invest in a harmonised promotion of the campaign across the world to spread awareness.
About Safer Internet Day:
- The Internet has been amazing invention undoubtedly change the world positively. To connect people faster, finding things easier transfer information at the speed communication become the bane of safety.
- Safer Internet Day came into exist in 2012 officially decided by US Department of Homeland Security and the European Commission. America got really going in 2013 when ConnectSafely.org was appointed to coordinate the efforts in the American theater and driving it forward to choose a theme to help promote.
- In 2016 the Internet Watch Foundation found over 50,000 links. Parents especially, such statistics are the bearers of the ugly truth – the internet is no longer safe for their younglings, to make the internet a safer place causes like Safer Internet Day need to be promoted to use positively.
The Agenda of Safer Internet Day:
- Safer Internet Day SID is celebrated on 5th February every year across the world. The event of Safer Internet Day aims to spread awareness on different themes that usually involve how users, especially younger folks, should use the internet and what practices they should exercise to avoid online threats and how to utilize the internet in right way to avoid cyber crime.
- The Internet cause was started as an initiative by EU Safe Borders and later succeeded by the security process expanded by the Insafe community, European group of Safer Internet Centers (SICs) has safer online threats.
- Initially the event was celebrated in the EU region, but later it also celebrates on other regions across the globe to spread awareness. To promote internet threats, safety measures over 1,000 organizations take part in the event deeming it their responsibility across world wide.
- The EU SafeBorders project in 2004 taken up by the Insafe network as one of its earliest actions in 2005 for the internet grown beyond its traditional geographic zone across approximately 140 countries.
- Each year Safer Internet Day aims to raise awareness of emerging online issues and chooses a topic reflecting current concerns in the safety of the internet.
The theme of the Safer Internet Day, the Insafe is a European network of Safer Internet Centres (SIC).In Every national Centre implements awareness and educational campaigns, runs a helpline and works closely with youth to ensure an evidence-based, multi-stakeholder approach to creating a better internet safety process.