Raising day of National cadet corps:
Himalai IAS coaching center in Bangalore, supports National cadets Corp (NCC) to build unity and disciple among youths. In IAS coaching centers concentrated about NCC aims, motto, ethics and value as examples to motivate students to bring leadership quality, honesty, time management. IAS toppers, KAS toppers, college students with their own interest joining Army, Navy and Air force to serve our nation.
NCC (National Cadets Corps) was firstly started in 1666 in Germany, later in India the first Prime Minister of India Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru was raising the first NCC unit at Delhi on November 1948. NCC was created under the act of Indian Defence Act 1917, it was considered as successor of the University officers Training Corps (UOTC) established in 1942.
National cadets Corps is a tri service organization, Army, Navy and Air force with the head quarters at New Delhi. In 1948 girls division was also raised to provide equal opportunities and motivate with leadership quality.
Aims of NCC:
- Cadets Welfare Society (CWS) was established in 1985 at HQDGNCC at Delhi, it mandatory to enroll all NCC candidates with Rs.15/- payment (one time).
- CWS provides finance assistance/relief – upto 5lakhs in case of death during NCC activity to the nominee.
- It Provides 1000 scholarships of Rs.6000/- each, out of these 250 Scholarships given to who came from rural/disturbed areas.
- Best Cadets awards- Best performance award also provides to motivate and encourage the cadets in NCC.
- NCC aims to developing characters, discipline, a secured outlook, learning, motivate youth, improve leadership quality.
- NCC candidates who have NCC certificate can participate in parade on republic day at Delhi.
- NCC cadets create values of honesty, truthfulness, self- sacrifice, ability to participate in community development and social programme.
About NCC Flag:
NCC flag was introduced in 1951, red for Army, deep blue for Navy, light blue for Air Force, letter NCC and Ncc crest in gold in middle. NCC motto is Unity and Discipline was adopted on 23 December 1957. Haricharan singh Parvana wrote “Ham Sabh Bhartiya Hain” song for NCC.
Latest news about NCC:
The event was organized at Karwar for October 14-22 Karnataka, Goa Directorate NCC has been crowned champion in All India Nau Sainik Camp-2018(AINSC) of NCC. From 17 NCC directors 600 cadets was participated across the country.
About NCC Certification:
The NCC candidates who have NCC ‘C’ certification, some industry give preference for NCC and military background candidates in jobs, age relaxations, marks relaxations, sports quota, NCC quota. In civil services exam-IAS exam, IES exams, KAS exam based on category and rules they may get some benefits in interview for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders.
Students who have NCC certification will help for any entrance exams in any colleges, marks relaxation and also helps for entry in defense fields like Indian army, Indian Navy, Indian Air force.