Pravasi Bharathiya Divas
Pravasi Bharathiya Divas day is celebrated on 9th January by the Republic of India to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian community towards the development of India. Himalai IAS Coaching Centre in Bangalore aims is to bring awareness about current affairs for the Civil Services Exam like IAS exam, KAS exam, banking exam.
The day celebrated on commemorates the return of Mahatma Gandhi on 9 January 1915 from South Africa to Mumbai.
- Pravasi Bharathiya Divas day established in 2000, it is sponsored by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry(FICCI) and Ministry of External Affairs of the Government of India.
- The concept of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) was launched during the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas convention at Hyderabad on 9 January 2006.
- In 2014, Pravasi Bhartiya Divas theme was attended by 1,500 delegates from 51 countries. president Pranab Mukherjee gave the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards, Media India Group (MIG) is one of the media partner of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas was held in New Delhi.
- 11th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas day was held in Kochi from 7–9 January, the President of Mauritius, Rajkeswur Purryag, was the chief guest at the official inaugural session where the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) organizing partner of the summit. Canadian Minister Jason Kenney became the first individual of non-Indian heritage to address the gathering in 2003.
- The inauguration of the Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held on 21st January 2019 in partnership with Ministry of Sports and Youth affairs. ON 21st January 2019 the Government of Uttar Pradesh will also organize the State PBD.
Pravasi Bharathiya Divas 2019 celebration:
- Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Convention on 22nd January 2019. Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards and the Valedictory Address will be delivered in conferred by Hon’ble President Shri Ram Nath Kovind on 23rd January 2019.
- Pravind Kumar Jugnauth, Prime Minister of Mauritius, will be the Chief Guest of the Convention, on the invitation of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. Mr. Kanwaljit Singh Bakshi, Member of Parliament of New Zealand will be the Guest of Honor and Mr. Himanshu Gulati, Member of Parliament of Norway, will be the Special Guest at the Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Divas on 21st January 2019.
- United States Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard part of the event the youth Pravasi Bharatiya Divas on 21 January 2019 along with Indian-origin politicians Kanwaljit Singh Bakshi from New Zealand and Himanshu Gulati from Norway.
- Those who are interested in taking part in the Ardh Kumbh Mela in Allahabad special arrangements will be made, which starts on January 15 and ends on 4 March 2019. According to a statement by the Indian embassy in Germany, a special train will bring back the delegation to New Delhi by January 25th so that they can attend the Republic Day celebration on 26th January 2019.