PIB(29/03/2019): UPSC Current Affairs to prepare for UPSC Exam
Ministry of Water Resources, River Development
Water storage dimension of 91 noteworthy stores of the nation goes somewhere near two percent
- The water storage available in 91 major reservoirs of the country for the week ending on March 28, 2019 was 50.307 BCM, which is 31% of total storage capacity of these reservoirs.
- This percentage was at 33% for the week ending on March 20, 2019. The level of water storage in the week ending on March 28, 2019 was 110% of the storage of corresponding period of last year and 101% of storage of average of last ten years.
- The total storage capacity of these 91 reservoirs is 161.993 BCM which is about 63% of the total storage capacity of 257.812 BCM which is estimated to have been created in the country. 37 Reservoirs out of these 91 have hydropower advantage with introduced limit of more than 60 MW.
Speech of Shri N.K. Singh, Chairman, XVFC at the launch of the book ‘Indian Fiscal Federalism’
- The 7th schedule of the Constitution based on Art 246 of the Constitution clearly lays down the subjects for the Union List, the concurrent list and the State List with the exception that each will respect so to say the territorial limits of the other.
- The autonomy of the State, if one were to use that expression, was severely circumscribed the moment they become a party to and indeed voted for the constitutional amendments enlarging not only the Concurrent List but enlargement in the Central government spending on State governments subject has correctly pointed out by the authors.
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary,Dr.AnupWadhawan, launched blockchain based coffee e-marketplace through video conferencing in New Delhi. Speaking on the occasion he said that this pilot project will help integrate the farmers with markets in a transparent manner and lead to realisation of fair price for the coffee producer.
- India is the only country in the world where entire coffee is grown under shade, handpicked and sun dried.
- It produces one of the best coffees in the world, produced by small coffee growers, tribal farmers adjacent to National Parks and Wild Life Sanctuaries in the Western and Eastern Ghats, which are two of the major bio-diversity hot spots in the world.
Vice President’s Secretariat
Farmers are critical for the well-being of the nation
The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that farmers were critical for the well-being of the nation and they play a huge role in ensuring and maintaining home grown food security in India.
The Vice President said that collective actions were needed to correct development strategies to include preservation of nature.
Talking about the serious impacts of Climate change, he opined that it was necessary that government, people and the private sector join hands to restore the balance that had wittingly and unwittingly disturbed.