PIB(28/03/2019): UPSC Current Affairs to prepare for UPSC Exam
Cabinet apprised about MoU on Antarctic cooperation between India and Argentine
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, was apprised about an MoU signed in February, 2019 between India and Argentine on Antarctic cooperation.
- The MoU will help scientific cooperation on projects in the fields of Earth sciences, as well as those related to the protection and conservation of the natural environment of Antarctica and the Southern Oceans.
- Scientific co-operation on projects in the fields of -inter alia- Earth sciences and life sciences, as well as those related to the protection and conservation of the natural environment of Antarctica and the Southern Oceans.
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Cabinet approves creation of additional posts of three Judicial Members and three Technical Members in the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved creation of additional posts of three Judicial Members and three Technical Members in the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal.
- The posts will be created in Level 17 (Rs.2,25,000/- fixed) plus allowances as admissible. The total financial implication will be Rs.2,27,82,096 per annum.
- This will ensure to meet the mandate provided to NCLAT by the Finance Act, 2017, the Companies Act, the IBC, 2016 and the time frame provided for disposal of cases.
Ministry of Defence
Inaugural edition of AFINDEX-19 Culminates with an impressive closing ceremony at Pune on 27 March 19
- The inaugural edition of the Africa-India Field Training Exercise-2019 (AFINDEX-19) culminated on 27 March 2019 after a validation exercise and an impressive closing ceremony at Foreign Training Node, Aundh Military Station, Pune.
- General Bipin Rawat, Chief of the Army Staff witnessed the closing ceremony alongwith other dignitaries included senior military officers of the Indian Army and representatives of 17 African nations namely Benin, Botswana, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- General Bipin Rawat congratulated the participating nations for showing great enthusiasm and zeal during the entire duration of AFINDEX-19.
Ministry of Defence
Opening Ceremony Indo-Sri Lanka Joint Exercise Mitra Shakti-VI
- Opening ceremony of Exercise MITRA SHAKTI VI, a 14 days joint training exercise of the Indian Army and the Sri Lankan Army has been held on 27 March at Diyatalawa Parade Ground in Diyatalawa, Badulla District, Sri Lanka.
- The Indian Army contingent comprises of a company group from BIHAR Regiment and a similar strength from the First Gemunu Watch Battalion of Sri Lankan Army.
- The primary focus of the exercise is to train and equip the contingents to undertake joint counter insurgency and counter terrorist operations in urban/ rural environment under the United Nations flag.
Ministry of Defence
India Joins Select Group of Nations, Destroys Live Satellite in Low Earth Orbit
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully conducted an Anti-Satellite (A-SAT) missile test ‘Mission Shakti’ from the Dr AP J Abdul Kalam Island in Odisha.
- The test has demonstrated the Nation’s capability to defend its assets in outer space.It is a vindication of the strength and robust nature of DRDO’s programmes.
- With this India joins a select group of nations, which have such capability. The test has by and by demonstrated the ability of indigenous weapon frameworks.
Ministry of Finance
Governmental Agreement for exchange of country by country reports between India and the United States of America
- India and the United States of America have, the 27th March, 2019, signed an Inter-Governmental Agreement for Exchange of Country-by-Country (CbC) Reports.
- India has already signed the Multilateral Competent Authority Agreement (MCAA) for Exchange of CbC Reports, which has enabled exchange of CbC Reports with 62 jurisdictions.
- A CbC Report has aggregated country-by-country information relating to the global allocation of income, the taxes paid, and certain other indicators of an MNE group.