PIB(28/02/2019): UPSC Current Affairs to prepare for UPSC Exam
1. Commerce Ministers of India and Italy Co-Chair 20th Session of India
The 20th Session of India-Italy Joint Commission for Economic Cooperation (JCEC) was held on 26 – 27 February, 2019 in New Delhi. The meeting was co-chaired by the Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Suresh Prabhu, from the Indian side and by Deputy Minister of Economic Development, Mr. Michele Geraci, from the Italian side.
As per the agenda of the 20th Session, the two sides reviewed the following issues of mutual interest:
- Economic Developments in India and Italy
- Trade (Bilateral Trade and Diversification of Trade)
- Bilateral Investment (Including Make in India, Startup India)
- Economic & Industrial Cooperation
2. Signal chip unveils India’s first indigenous semiconductor chips for 4G/LTE and 5G NR modems
Secretary, Telecom, Mrs Aruna Sundararajan said that Data Security is the paramount concern in the World today and India cannot remain secure in terms of data, unless it manufactures its own chips. She was speaking after unveiling of India’s first Indigenous Semiconductor Chips by Bengaluru based semiconductor company “SIGNALCHIP” for 4G/LTE and 5G NR MODEMs in New Delhi on 27-02-2019.
Mrs Sundararajan unveiled four chips at the event designed by SIGNALCHIP.
- SCBM3412: a single chip 4G/LTE modem including the baseband and transceiver sections in a single device
- SCBM3404: a single chip 4X4 LTE baseband modem
- SCRF3402: a 2X2 transceiver for LTE
- SCRF4502: a 2X2 transceiver for 5G NR standards
3. MSME Ministry’s Technology Support and Outreach Programme
The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises is organizing a programme on Technology Support and Outreach (TECH-SOP) 28.02.2019 in New Delhi. The objective of the programme is to educate MSMEs and enhance their awareness about latest technological innovation available and sensitize them on the role of technology in creating competitiveness and opportunities.
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), National Innovation Foundation-India (NIF), Indian Council of Agricultural Research, (ICAR), Institute for Design of Electrical Measuring Instruments (IDEMI, Mumbai) and IIT, Delhi will participate in the TECH-SOP and guest speakers will address MSME on the issues of technology transfer and innovations.
4. Shri Piyush Goyal announces “South Coast Railway (SCoR)” a new Zone of Indian Railways
Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014, Indian Railways was required to examine establishing a new railway zone in the successor State of Andhra Pradesh. new zone named “South Coast Railway (SCoR)”, will comprise of existing Guntakal, Guntur and Vijayawada divisions.
5. Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot Launches ‘2nd Edition of ISL Dictionary’ for Hearing Impaired Persons
Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, launched the “2nd Edition of Indian Sign Language (ISL) Dictionary”. The first edition of the dictionary with 3000 words was launched on 23rd March 2018.
6. NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission partners with Adobe to enhance creativity in ATL Schools
NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Adobe signed a Statement of Intent (SOI) with presence of Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog, by Ramanathan Ramanan, Mission Director, Atal Innovation Mission, Bryan Lamkin, EVP and GM, Digital Media, Adobe and Kulmeet Bawa, Managing Director, Adobe South Asia, it developing creative skills and spreading digital literacy across all Atal Tinkering Labs in India.