PIB(13/03/2019): UPSC Current Affairs to prepare for UPSC Exam
Cabinet approves proposal for accession of India
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the PM Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for the accession of India to
(i) Nice Agreement concerning the International classification of Goods & Services for the purposes of registration of marks
(ii) The Vienna Agreement is about the establishing of International Classification of the figurative elements of marks
(iii) Locarno Agreement is about establishing an International classification for industrial designs.
Accession to the Nice Agreement, Vienna Agreement and Locarno Agreement all 3 agreements helps Intellectual Property Office in India to harmonise the classification systems for examinational of trademark and also design applications, in line with the classification systems that is followed globally. Know more…
Cabinet approves Promulgation of:
i) The Daman & Diu Civil Courts (Amendment) Regulation, 2019
ii) The Dadra & Nagar Haveli (Civil Courts and Miscellaneous Provisions)Amendment Regulation,2019
- The move will be helpful in bringing uniformity in Judicial Service.
- It will help to overcome the difficulties being faced by the litigants in travelling to Mumbai for filing the appeals due to existing limited pecuniary jurisdiction.
- Enhanced pecuniary jurisdiction will accelerate the justice delivery system, besides making the access easier for litigants with on travel outside the Union Territory.Know more…
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
MCA releases national guidelines on responsible business conduct
Ministry of Corporate Affairs has revised the National Voluntary Guidelines on Social, Environmental & Economic Responsibilities of Business, 2011 (NVGs) and formulated the National Guidelines on Responsible Business Conduct (NGRBC). These guidelines urge the businesses to actualize the principles in letter and spirit.
These principles are as follows:
1. Businesses should conduct & govern themselves with the integrity in a manner that is Ethical, Transparent & Accountable.
2. Businesses should provide goods and services in a manner that is sustainable and safe
3. Businesses should respect and promote the well-being of all employees, including those in their value chains.
4. Businesses should respect the interests of and be responsive to all their stakeholders.
5. Businesses should respect and promote human rights.
6. Businesses should respect & make much efforts to protect & restore the environment.
7. Businesses, when they are engaging in influencing public & regulatory policy, they should do so in a manner that is responsible and also transparent.
8. Businesses should also promote the inclusive growth and the equitable development.
9. Businesses should engage and provide value to their consumers in the most responsible manner.Know more…