PIB(14/03/2019): UPSC Current Affairs to prepare for UPSC Exam
Ministry of Defence
Twin Success for Man Portable Anti Tank Guided Missile
- In a major boost for Army, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test fired indigenously developed, low weight, fire and forget Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) for the second time today in the ranges of Rajasthan desert.
- MPATGM is incorporated with advanced features including state-of-the-art Imaging Infrared Radar (IIR) Seeker with integrated avionics. The first test was conducted on 13th March 2019. In both the missions, the missiles hit the designated targets precisely at different ranges. All the mission objectives have been met.Know more….
Ministry of Defence
Indo-Bangladesh joint Military Exercise Sampriti – 2019
- Exercise Sampriti-VIII, a joint Indo-Bangladesh military exercise which witnessed participation of a company group of 9th Battalion the Rajputana Rifles from the Indian Army and the Company of 36 East Bengal Battalion, Bangladesh Army concluded at Tangail, Bangladesh on 14 March 2019.
- The exercise was the 8th edition in the Sampriti series, which started in 2009. Exercise Sampriti strengthens and broadens interoperability and cooperation between the Indian and Bangladesh Armies. It is the fourth Indo-Bangladesh exercise at Tangail, Bangladesh and compliments number of other exchanges and exercise between the two forces.Know more….
Ministry of Defence
President Confers Gallantry and Distinguished Service Awards
- The President and Supreme Commander of the Indian Armed Forces Shri Ram Nath Kovind conferred threeKirti Chakras and fifteen Shaurya Chakras to Armed Forces Personnel for displaying conspicuous gallantry, unyielding courage and extreme devotion to duty at a indomitable courage and extreme devotion to duty at a solemn ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- The President also conferred fifteen ParamVishishtSeva Medals, one Uttam Yudh Seva Medals and twenty-five AtiVishisht Seva Medals to senior officers of the Armed Forces for distinguished service of an exceptional order. The following is the list of awardees in order of presentation.Know more….
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Health Ministry takes stock of the public health measures for controlling West Nile Virus
- A section of the media has reported that a seven year old boy from Malappuram District of Kerala is suffering from a West Nile Virus (WNV), a mosquito-borne disease, mostly reported in the continental United States.
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare is closely monitoring the situation and has spoken to the State Health Minister of Kerala in this regard.
- Secretary (HFW) held a meeting with Additional Chief Secretary Shri Rajeev Sadanandan, Kerala and reviewed the situation. The Health Ministry has dispatched a multi-disciplinary Central team from National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).Know more….
First Workshop on India Energy Modelling Forum Held
The NITI Aayog and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) organized the first workshop on development of the IEMF, which has been envisaged as a pan-stakeholder platform for debating ideas, scenario-planning & discussing the India’s energy future.
The two-day workshop, being held with the support of the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), was organized under the Sustainable Growth Pillar of the India-U.S. Strategic Energy Partnership.
The IEMF seeks to provide a platform for leading experts and policy makers to study important energy and environmental issues and ensure induction of modelling and analysis in informed decision making process.Know more….
Also Know about: NITI Aayog Launches Global hackathon On Artificial Intelligence, and NITI Aayog Organizes Health System for New India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Index Numbers of Wholesale Price in India
The official Wholesale Price Index for ‘All Commodities’ (Base: 2011-12=100) for the long stretch of February, 2019 rose by 0.3 percent to 119.5 (temporary) from 119.2 (temporary) for the earlier month.
The yearly rate of expansion, in light of month to month WPI, remained at 2.93% (temporary) for the period of February, 2019 (over February, 2018) when contrasted with 2.76% (temporary) for the earlier month and 2.74% amid the comparing month of the earlier year.
Build up inflation rate in the financial year so far was 2.75% compared to a build up rate of 2.56% in the corresponding period of the previous year.Know more….
Click here for the previous day Current Affairs.