PIB(07/03/2019): UPSC Current Affairs to prepare for UPSC Exam
Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
Over 5050 Janaushadhi stores functional across 652 districts in the country
- The Minister informed thatfor providing further impetus & creating awareness about use of generic medicines, it has been decided to celebrate 7th March 2019 as ‘JanaushadhiDiwas’ across India. Hon’ble Prime Minister will interact with owners of Janaushadhi Kendras and beneficiaries of the scheme across the country through video conference at 1:00 pm on 7th March, 2019.
- The Minister informed thatfor providing further impetus & creating awareness about use of generic medicines, it has been decided to celebrate 7th March 2019 as ‘JanaushadhiDiwas’ across India.
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
NABL dispatches Quality Assurance Scheme for Basic Composite Medical Laboratories
- For sensitizing small laboratories to basic doable quality practices, NABL has launched another voluntary scheme called Quality Assurance Scheme (QAS) for Basic Composite (BC) Medical Laboratories (Entry Level) in February, 2019.
- To encourage small pathology laboratories, the base criterion of the scheme is based on the requirements enlisted in Gazette notification dated 18th May, 2018 by MOHFW to amend Clinical Establishments (Central Government) Rules, 2012.
- The scheme is expected to bring transformational change in more than 5000 laboratories laover the next 5 years and to transform them into labs providing quality service.
- Accurate, reliable pathology laboratory results are critical aids which enable doctors to provide evidence-based patient care and treatment. The Accreditation program for Medical Laboratories is as per International standard ISO 15189.
Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
Amendment in Hazardous Waste (Management& Transboundary Movement) Rules, 2016
- In order to strengthen the implementation of environmentally sound management of hazardous waste in the country, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has amended the Hazardous and Other Wastes (Management & Transboundary Movement) Rules, 2016 vide notification G.S.R. S.R. XX (E), dated 01 March 2019.
Some of the salient features of the Hazardous and Other Wastes (Management& Transboundary Movement) Amendment Rules, 2019 are as follows:
- Solid plastic waste has been prohibited from import into the country including in Special Economic Zones (SEZ) and by Export Oriented Units (EOU).
- Exporters of silk waste have now been given exemption from requiring permission from the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- Electrical and electronic assemblies and components manufactured in and exported from India, if found defective can now be imported back into the country, within a year of export, without obtaining permission from the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
Get the complete Information about the Various Article of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways
Shri Nitin Gadkari Lays Foundation Stone for Development and Maintenance of Inter-Modal Station in Nagpur
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stone for development and maintenance of Inter-Modal Station – IMS at Ajni Railway Station in Nagpur.
- Speaking on the occasion Shri Gadkari stressed upon adopting new ideas for improving transport facilities in towns and cities.
- He also called upon planners to aim for reducing city congestion by aggregation of transportation nodes in the city, by effective city evacuation, and by eliminating traffic due to transit passengers.
- The station has been designed for horizon year 2050 with the capacity to handle 3.24 lakh passengers every day. The capital cost of this project is Rs. 1588.81 crore out of which cost of development of IMS Nagpur including relocation of Railway Quarters, Structures is Rs. 1288.81 crore, while the cost of improvement of road connectivity to IMS Nagpur is Rs. 300 crore.
Ministry of Science & Technology
Science and Technology, the fulcrum for the levers of government to effect social and economic change
- Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India, Prof. K. Vijay Raghvan shared details of the nine national missions guided by the Prime Minister Science, Technology & Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC).
- Raghvan said that science and technology is the fulcrum for the levers of government to effect social and economic change. For this, scientists and society must connect closely; build stronger foundations in education, fundamental research, applications in agriculture, health, environment, energy etc.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi recently referred to his Science, Technology & Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC)’s work on challenges in science and identifying solutions for societal problems through technology and innovation.
All nine mission of PRIME MINISTER’S SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION ADVISORY COUNCIL (PMSTIAC)
Ministry of Women and Child Development
Smt. Maneka Gandhi felicitates ‘Web Wonder Women’
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development hosted a felicitation event for Web Wonder Women, a campaign organised to celebrate the exceptional achievements of women, who have been driving social reforms via social media.
- As many as 30 women, who were selected after an extensive research process, were honoured by the Minister for Women and Child Development, Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi in New Delhi, on 6th March, 2019.
- Organised in a joint effort with Twitter India and Breakthrough India, the occasion expected to perceive the guts of Indian ladies stalwarts from over the globe who have utilized the intensity of online life to run positive battles to guide an adjustment in the public eye.
- In 2018, the Ministry hosted ‘First Ladies’, a first-of-its-kind Government initiative to felicitate exceptional women who were the first to set a milestone in their respective fields.
For March 6th Current Affairs Click here.
Contact us for any of the queries.