PIB (13/05/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
First Apache Helicopter formally has given over to The IAF
- First AH-64E (I) – Apache Guardian helicopter was formally given over to the Indian Air Force at Boeing creation office in Mesa, Arizona, the USA on 10 May 19.
- Air Marshal AS Butola, spoke to the Indian Air Force and acknowledged the main Apache in service at Boeing generation office, agents from US Government were likewise present.
- IAF had marked an agreement with US Government and M/s Boeing Ltd in Sep 2015 for 22 Apache helicopters. The first batch of these helicopters is scheduled to be shipped to India by Jul this year. Chosen aircrew and ground team have experienced preparing at the preparation offices at US Army base Fort Rucker, Alabama. This personnel will lead the operationalization of the Apache fleet in the IAF.
- The addition of the AH-64 E (I) helicopter is a significant step towards the modernization of the Indian Air Force’s helicopter fleet.
Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu calls for strengthening of India-Vietnam ties
- On the penultimate day of his four-day official visit to Vietnam, the Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu continued his high-level engagement by holding talks with Vietnam’s Prime Minister, Mr. Nguyen Xuan Phuc on a wide scope of issues and underscored the significance of fortifying the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership between the two countries to guarantee harmony and security in the area.
- The Vice President, who is scheduled to deliver the keynote address at the 16th UN Day of Vesak Celebrations in May 12, reiterated during his talks with the Prime Minister that cordial and friendly relations between India and Vietnam have been strengthened by bonds of Buddhism and Hinduism.
- Referring to the growing cooperation between two nations in different fields, Shri Naidu informed the host Prime Minister that India was ready to partner with Vietnam in satellite construction, both for civilian and non-civilian uses.
- He also assured him that India remains committed to extending cooperation in training and capacity building of Vietnam’s defense forces as that country’s requirement.