PIB (31/07/2019): UPSC Current affairs to prepare for UPSC exam
Lok Sabha passes Consumer Protection Bill, 2019
Association Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan said that the bill goes for ensuring the interests of buyers by building up specialists for opportune and successful organization and settlement of shoppers’ contest.
Remarkable Features of the Bill:
Focal Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA):
- Executive Agency to give alleviation to a class of shoppers. The CCPA will be enabled to-
- Lead examinations concerning infringement of shopper rights and establishment Complaints/Prosecution
- Request review of perilous merchandise and enterprises
- An Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) system
- Reference to Mediation by Consumer Forum any place scope for early settlement exists and gatherings concur for it.
Shri Prahlad Singh Patel declares consideration of Nepali and Santhali dialects
- The Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism, Shri Prahlad Singh Patel has declared to incorporate the rest of the 02 dialects from the eighth Schedule of the Indian Constitution for example Nepali and Santhali in the Sub-Field of Field “Writing”
- The Ministry of Culture regulates a plan segment in particular Award of Senior/Junior Fellowships to Outstanding Artistes in the Fields of Culture. The partnerships are granted for undertaking exploration situated tasks.
- Place for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT), Dwarka is the Nodal foundation for taking care of the Scheme of Sr. /Jr. Cooperation till choice procedure. “Scholarly Arts” is one of the Fields under this Scheme where up-and-comers can apply for research in 22 dialects as their Sub-Field.
NCDC has contributed sensationally in end and annihilation of a few infections of general well being:
- “National Center for Disease Control (NCDC) has contributed incredibly in end and obliteration of a couple of contaminations of general prosperity importance, for instance, smallpox, polio, guinea-worm and yaws.”
- At the capacity, the Union Health Minister initiated the lab complex (Lab 3) at NCDC and the new structure of National Vector Borne Disease Control Program (NVBDCP) in nearness of Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey, MoS (HFW).
- The NCDC’s upgradation plan is additionally an aggressive arrangement to keep pace with the changing general wellbeing needs of the nation and there is an outline to manufacture 50 labs in this grounds alone, Dr Harsh Vardhan referenced.
PRE-BID meeting for development of Light House extends under GHTC-India
- A pre-offered meeting for development of Light House Projects under GHTC-India was sorted out on 29th July 2019 at Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi in which authorities of MoHUA, CPWD, BMTPC, HPL, NBCC and the concerned State governments were available to address the questions of potential bidders.
- Explanations were given that the point of the Request for Proposal (RFP) is to recognize organizations that can convey the pre-determined number of houses in least time and least cost utilizing six-unmistakable creative and exchange advancements at six areas.
- The Hon’ble Prime Ministerdeclared 2019-20 as Construction Technology Year during the introduction occasion of Construction Technology India (CTI) 2019 Expo-cum-Conference under Global Housing Technology Challenge-India (GHTC-India).
CBSE announces after effects of Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) – July 2019
- CBSE announces aftereffects of Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) – July 2019 here today. The twelfth version of Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) was led on seventh July 2019 of every 104 urban areas at 2942 focuses all over nation.
- The after effect of this assessment is announced in a record time of 23 days in which 3.52 Lacs applicants pronounced qualified. Out of 3.52 Lacs, 2.15 Lacs from Paper – 1(Primary school) and 1.37 Lacs from Paper-2 (Junior secondary school) have qualified.
- The passing declaration will be transferred in the DigiLocker and the certified competitor will be given their login subtleties on their enrolled portable number.
22nd National Conference on e-Governance 2019 to be held at Shillong on 8-9, 2019
- Service of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India and the State Government of Meghalaya will compose the 22nd National Conference on e-Governance 2019 on 8-ninth August, 2019 at Shillong, Meghalaya.
- 4 Breakout Sessions will be hung on sub-topics Inclusion and Capacity Building, Engaging with Innovators and Industry, End-to-End Digital Services: IT activities of State Governments.
- The Minister of Information Technology and Communication and Urban Affairs Department, Government of Meghalaya, Shri Hamletson Dohling would likewise address the debut session.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) to dispatch another program for Community Innovation tomorrow
- In one more advance to cultivate development in India, the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), lead activity of NITI Aayog is good to go to dispatch another achievement program for network advancement in New Delhi tomorrow.
- The Program will be mutually initiated by Union Minister of Human Resource and Development Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Minister of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Steel Shri Dharmendra Pradhan.
- He focused on that the new program has been explicitly intended for underserved, unserved locales of Tier 1 or Metro urban communities, Tier 2 and Tier 3 urban areas, Smart Cities, Aspirational regions, North-East, Jammu and Kashmir just as the rustic and innate districts of India.
It is a Success of Gender Justice and there will be Further Equality In Society
- PM Shri Narendra Modi expressed gratitude toward every one of the gatherings and MPs who have upheld the entry of the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2019 in the two Houses of Parliament.
- In a progression of tweets he said that “A bygone and medieval practice has at last been restricted to the dustbin of history! Parliament cancels Triple Talaq and adjusts a chronicled wrong done to Muslim ladies.
- He further said on twitter that “This is an event to salute the surprising dauntlessness of those Muslim ladies who have continued on through phenomenal wrongs essentially as a result of the exhibit of Triple Talaq.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has insisted allotting out Shri Rajiv Kumar, IAS (JH:1984) Secretary, Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance as Finance Secretary.